NRG 59 inch wing

PHENDERSON

In case anyone is looking I just purchased a NRG CF wing for $389+shipping from "Lightning Industries". I was a little skeptical that it was the real deal since it's $300 cheaper than everywhere else but I just received it and it's the real deal. Very nice piece. Mounting holes are 29" apart I believe. They make smaller end pieces if you don't like the ones it comes with.

Attachments

Esstover

In case anyone is looking I just purchased a NRG CF wing for $389+shipping from "Lightning Industries". I was a little skeptical that it was the real deal since it's $300 cheaper than everywhere else but I just received it and it's the real deal. Very nice piece. Mounting holes are 29" apart I believe. They make smaller end pieces if you don't like the ones it comes with.
Do you have photos of it installed on your car?

ccgillett

Is 59" enough length? The other choice is 69" which is also available at a good price from Lightning. I feel like that's too long.

I do have a removable snow plow that I could try :D

ccgillett

Enough for what?
Enough to produce meaningful downforce for track work...sorry for not being more clear. I guess what I'm really asking is for folks who have a wing of similar size to share their experience. The pricing for both lengths is really good, so I'd like to make a purchase real soon.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Depending on who you ask on here, the rear wing may be purely for looks since the air is so dirty coming off of the cage. Others claim it has a benefit for downforce. All other things being equal, I think the downforce is proportional to the wing area so the longer wing will have about 17% more downforce. The longer wing might actually be a little better than this since the ends might see cleaner air.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
From my experience with the goblin, anything that moves airflow in a different direction is felt. Some good, some bad. I don’t have the right recipe yet, but any downforce is good. My line of thinking is, buy what you think looks the best in your mind and adjust it to what feels best at the steering wheel.

GoblinGuyZ

Yeah it's a good deal.
This one is only a few dollars more when you factor in shipping, well for me anyway. Just in case they sell out as I see they have only one left now.

Direct link to the Lightning Motorsports one...

GoblinGuyZ

Just installed mine. Modified the short mounts they come with and added to the existing legs to raise it to just above the top hoop so that it's getting cleaner air to do it's job. Still quite firm and solid and happy with the results