Nukers City Goblin - 2009 SS/TC number 2 build

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
What’s up everyone! I’m home from Philippines and missing my goblin, what can I do about it? Build a new one!

Going for pure stupidity this time 350-400hp 50shot of nitrous.

My brother picked up my donor today 102k miles already stage 3 dyno at 380whp on the sheet.

The donor is a little rough but for 1000$ what can I say!

Look forward to being active and building 2.0, looks like you all got it easy these days

Nuker-

Anyone know if the 2009 SS subframe is unique or can I use other years?

Attachments

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Welcome Back!! I mean to the states and the forum..

If I remember correctly the wife was having some issues? Hope that all is well on that end.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Nice to see you back and building another Goblin!
As I recall, the subframe's from the different years are the same except for the sway bar mounts. Same location, just a different style.
I had to source one myself and it wasn't an issue.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Just noticed in the picture, I recognize that weird Harley logo converted step van in the back ground. You pick up that car in O'fallon MO?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It's nice that people go out of there way to supply great donors for Goblins.
I met a guy at a local car show that said he just picked up an SS/SC that was wrecked in the rear for $100. He was going to scrap it!! I told him that I could sell if for him really quick for a lot more than scrap.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Welcome back! Someday I hope to build another one too, I’m just not anywhere near the point of feeling ok with selling mine yet.

I ended up removing my nitrous kit as it just screwed with traction more than anything else. I’ve considered adding it back on in strictly a “push to pass” type setup but haven’t yet.

I did spray almost two full tanks through it though so if you have any questions let me know. A throttle activated switch and a fuel pressure cutoff transducer are mandatory in my book.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Welcome back! Someday I hope to build another one too, I’m just not anywhere near the point of feeling ok with selling mine yet.

I ended up removing my nitrous kit as it just screwed with traction more than anything else. I’ve considered adding it back on in strictly a “push to pass” type setup but haven’t yet.

I did spray almost two full tanks through it though so if you have any questions let me know. A throttle activated switch and a fuel pressure cutoff transducer are mandatory in my book.
Were you running out of fuel pressure under nitrous? Is that a safety thing, cutting off the nitrous?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Were you running out of fuel pressure under nitrous? Is that a safety thing, cutting off the nitrous?
No I wasn’t, the fuel pump should be able to supply a 50 shot no problem. The pressure cutoff just makes sure you’re spraying fuel, if you’re not it shuts down.

Justin

Yes it is. I bought mine from zzp and had them add forged pistons and rods. Just take your old intake, fuel injectors, high pressure fuel pump, etc. And bolt it to the new and your good to go

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yes it is. I bought mine from zzp and had them add forged pistons and rods. Just take your old intake, fuel injectors, high pressure fuel pump, etc. And bolt it to the new and your good to go
Perfect, Thank you. Figured with forged pistons/rods this things should be pretty solid for 350-400hp.

Nuker-