Nukers City Goblin - 2009 SS/TC number 2 build

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
So I guess I need to screw the coil overs up further? They are getting hard as heck haha

Nuker-
Take the weight off of them when you adjust them. Also screw the shock body out of the lower mount. Don't adjust the spring.

See my post here for a great starting point on the adjustments.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Okay this alignment is killing me. Tried the string method and the alignment plates. I can’t get the front and back measurements closer then 3/4 inch. I always run out of travel on the rod ends too far in.

What am I don’t wrong this can’t be this hard?

Nuker-

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
What rod ends are you using? The DF supplied rod ends go on the front and the donor rod ends go on the rear. If you use the donor ends on the front, they are too long.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yep that has to be it , Thanks guys! My brother SWARES he put the DF ones on the front :p But looking at them they sure look like the moog ones I bought to replace the donor ones :D

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Holy **** it drives! I have no headlights, 1 taillight no harnesses but the **** thing drives. The engine did not blow up, i'm not in jail and my neighbors said its "loud" LOL

Thank you for each of you that has taken time to help me through the few issues. Now time to finish all the remaining and get the big wang on!

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Any solution for the rear brake lines that are still seeping? I have them as tight as I can go before the wrench on the hard line side wants to start rounding the nut.....

Nuker-

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Any solution for the rear brake lines that are still seeping? I have them as tight as I can go before the wrench on the hard line side wants to start rounding the nut.....

Nuker-
I had the same problem. You have to keep loosing them up then CRANK them down until you get them to seal. I felt like I was going to snap mine.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I seem to have a leak in my fuel tank, after filling I have noticed fuel leaking in the frame rail the tank sits on. Assuming I have a tiny hole in that bottom weld?

Nuker-
I put the T in the vent line that was supplied. Now when I corner hard left I get fuel running through it. Not sure how I’ll fix it but check to make sure that not your leak

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I put the T in the vent line that was supplied. Now when I corner hard left I get fuel running through it. Not sure how I’ll fix it but check to make sure that not your leak
I wish that was it but I had a line of gas running on my garage floor to the drain from overnight. Doh!

I’ll give the rear brakes a try thank you!

Nuker-

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I wish that was it but I had a line of gas running on my garage floor to the drain from overnight. Doh!

I’ll give the rear brakes a try thank you!

Nuker-
Be careful with those vapors. Our neighbors house exploded and caught fire when a small gas can fell over and spilled gas on the floor. I'm sure your spill isn't as big, but take no chances.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Be careful with those vapors. Our neighbors house exploded and caught fire when a small gas can fell over and spilled gas on the floor. I'm sure your spill isn't as big, but take no chances.

Ouch! I'll crack the garage doors tonight and put a fan on. Thanks for the heads up.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Guess whos back, electrical gremlin is back. Yes its back, back again.

Drove around about 25 miles today no problems, Then coasting to a stop the engine just dies wont start. Pull up the laptop I have recording data with HP tuners and sure enough coil pack 1 is dead. INJ fuse blown again.

My brother comes to tow me back to my house I pull plug off of the blown coil pack, Test for voltage and its normal!! ****.

So tomorrow I'm going to take the intake manifold off and check all the wires on the injectors and again on the coilpacks.

This is going to be the death of me lol..

Nuker-