Nukers City Goblin - 2009 SS/TC number 2 build

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I hope they know what they are doing and get you a great tune the first time.
Yeah when he asked me if I had had my goblin in before because he tuned another one a couple months ago that made me feel good. Plus I guess his personal cobalt ss turbo has been in several magazines making big power. Always nice when the tuner knows the actual engine you want done.

Nuker-

@Zoom Zoom on a side not I can't remember did you build your ldk/z54 with the upgraded opal fuel injectors also?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Yeah when he asked me if I had had my goblin in before because he tuned another one a couple months ago that made me feel good. Plus I guess his personal cobalt ss turbo has been in several magazines making big power. Always nice when the tuner knows the actual engine you want done.

Nuker-

@Zoom Zoom on a side not I can't remember did you build your ldk/z54 with the upgraded opal fuel injectors also?
No just stock
I would feel a lot better also with his experience with cobalts and goblin builds

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Just be careful with tuners that shoot for the big power since that is the easiest part of the tune to get right.

That being said, if you have good luck with him, I might be willing to haul mine 9 hours if I don't have any luck local.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Just be careful with tuners that shoot for the big power since that is the easiest part of the tune to get right.

That being said, if you have good luck with him, I might be willing to haul mine 9 hours if I don't have any luck local.
Yeah I researched a ton, he was getting praise all over the cobaltss.net forums making more power all along the power band and with say 22psi vs the 24psi tune people had before.

Really hoping for good results because the tune can make it or ruin it.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Has anyone running a turbo car had an alternative location for the air intake filter? I feel like its just in a warm deadzone swinging around the frame and around to the top of the fuel tank area. And the pipe outside the frame looks like crap lol.

Nuker-

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Check out my third picture here http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/post-pictures-of-your-finished-goblin-here.653/post-58046 and here http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/air-filter-placement.2580/post-51924

I've been told it won't work due to air turbulence when driving and I haven't had it tuned yet, but with the limited driving I've done, I haven't noticed any surging. It might just be running extra rich/lean right now and it doesn't show up.

I think there was a post in the last few days showing the filter ending up in a similar spot as mine with the stock DF fittings, but I don't remember who posted it.

George

Goblin Guru
If you kept the ambient air temp sensor. Put some extension wires on it then mount it in different places to check for coolest air.
Brad

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Has anyone running a turbo car had an alternative location for the air intake filter? I feel like its just in a warm deadzone swinging around the frame and around to the top of the fuel tank area. And the pipe outside the frame looks like crap lol.

Nuker-
crappy look, but cold air. :)

Dale E

Well, it's about 95 degrees here with a humidity heat index of 103 degrees. The street temperature is around 115 degrees. Don't know where you will find a cool spot. Maybe a box with a filter on it that you can moisten with water somehow and have the air flow through to your air filter.? Like one of those shop coolers. Between the seats like an Ariel Atom?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Well, it's about 95 degrees here with a humidity heat index of 103 degrees. The street temperature is around 115 degrees. Don't know where you will find a cool spot. Maybe a box with a filter on it that you can moisten with water somehow and have the air flow through to your air filter.? Like one of those shop coolers. Between the seats like an Ariel Atom?
That really is what a water/meth injection system is for.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I do think I"m going to work on relocating it, going behind the seat is super annoying when the turbo spools up it makes my ears ring hah.

I ordered the OTTP tapped throttle body plate and water/meth kit from AEM so hopefully this next week I can get that installed before dyno tuning on the 13th.

Thanks all!
Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I was swapping out pipes and going to a full 3" anyway and needed the length that maf pipe provided as I had already cut my DF maf tube. I do feel my idle quality has improved with the honeycomb and the data I'm seeing during pulls is more consistent. I also come from the DSM crowd which had short intake pipes / maf's that had honeycombs so I thought it was prudent to replicate the same.

edit: Are you going to use boost juice? I'd imagine you'll get some baseline tunes before the meth vs after. These engine's love higher octane, I'm curious to see how this install / tune goes!

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I was swapping out pipes and going to a full 3" anyway and needed the length that maf pipe provided as I had already cut my DF maf tube. I do feel my idle quality has improved with the honeycomb and the data I'm seeing during pulls is more consistent. I also come from the DSM crowd which had short intake pipes / maf's that had honeycombs so I thought it was prudent to replicate the same.

edit: Are you going to use boost juice? I'd imagine you'll get some baseline tunes before the meth vs after. These engine's love higher octane, I'm curious to see how this install / tune goes!
Yeah, I'm going to ask him to do a baseline as it is now with the ZZP canned tune, Which I can tell is meh and runs rich as hell.

I think i'm just going to have him tune with the boost juice as it will cost another 1+ hours to have him do a 93 tune then add in meth and tweak.

Nuker-