Nukers City Goblin - 2009 SS/TC number 2 build

Ross

Goblin Guru
Your intake air temp stays at -40F, and the fuel trims are a long ways from 0... nearly maxed.
Fix a few sensors, and it will be a lot happier. I'm amazed at how the ECU can compensate for missing info. My engine was running with a MAP sensor that was equal to outside air pressure instead of intake air pressure... somehow it was able to compensate for bad data!

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Your intake air temp stays at -40F, and the fuel trims are a long ways from 0... nearly maxed.
Fix a few sensors, and it will be a lot happier. I'm amazed at how the ECU can compensate for missing info. My engine was running with a MAP sensor that was equal to outside air pressure instead of intake air pressure... somehow it was able to compensate for bad data!
View attachment 25780
Isn't the IAT read in the MAF? I just replaced the maf with a brand new one..... You also see that the o2 sensor is not reading anything also right?

Nuker-

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes, the O2 isn't reading for me either. Usually the IAT is in the MAF, but I'm not sure on a LNF.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yes, the O2 isn't reading for me either. Usually the IAT is in the MAF, but I'm not sure on a LNF.
So the new upstream O2 is plugged in.... Should I run the downstream instead? Getting really tired of new parts not working.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
And considering the the new MAF is reading airflow, why the hell would it not be reporting IATs. ARGH

Nuker-

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes, you want to keep the upstream O2. After the catalytic converter O2 sensor can go, as most of us don't run the cat.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yeah that's what I thought. I guess I don't even know where to start. Both sensors are new AC Delco plugged into the new engine harness. I'll just order another 100$ worth of sensors.....

I actually have the MAF from the donor and it reads airflow but no IATs also so I'm pretty sure the MAF/Temp is fine.

Nuker-

Ross

Goblin Guru
Check the wiring? Grounds? Might not be the sensors.
No IATs is a problem... that is info the ECU needs, and will affect fuel ratios. Maybe see if there is other parameter fields in HP Tuners that are being populated. Sometimes I grab the wrong param, and in reality, the data is actually populating. With your trim tables maxed, the ECU is not getting everything it needs.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Check the wiring? Grounds? Might not be the sensors.
No IATs is a problem... that is info the ECU needs, and will affect fuel ratios. Maybe see if there is other parameter fields in HP Tuners that are being populated. Sometimes I grab the wrong param, and in reality, the data is actually populating. With your trim tables maxed, the ECU is not getting everything it needs.
Can anyone confirm how many grounds there is on the LNF engine harness? I can't believe the MAF would read one but not the other. So **** frustrating.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
lol...... Maybe I should not have pulled the codes. Boy is this depressing.

Nuker-

0x544: U2108 - CAN Bus Error ABS (Current, Old, History)
0x544: U2113 (Current, History)
0x544: U2125 (History)
0x544: U2129 (Current, History)
0x544: U2172 (Current, History)
0x7E8: P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)
0x7E8: P0300 - Random Misfire Detected (Pending, Current, Old)
0x7E8: P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected (Pending, Current, Old)
0x7E8: P0443 - Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)
0x7E8: P0449 - Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit Intermittent (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)
0x7E8: P0452 - Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch Low (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)
0x7E8: P0532 - A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor A Circuit Low (Current, Old)
0x7E8: P0571 - Brake Switch A Circuit (Current, Old)
0x7E8: P0650 - Malfunction Indicator Light Control Circuit (Pending, Current, Old, History)
0x7E8: P2199 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 / 2 Correlation (Pending, Old)
0x7E8: P2300 - Ignition Coil 1 Control Circuit Low Voltage (Pending, Current, Old)
0x7E8: P2301 - Ignition Coil 1 Control Circuit High Voltage (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)
0x7E8: U0121 - Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module (Current, Old)

Ross

Goblin Guru
Most of those are expected.
Fix these two, and see what left.

0x544: U2113 (Current, History) - probably from the missing O2 sensor data
0x7E8: P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High

You can turn off reporting of most of those codes. Of course ABS module is missing, emission missing, AC pressure sensor isn't hooked up to your wideband O2 sensor yet...

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I think i'm going to pull my whole fuse box and engine harness off and go over all of it. Who knows maybe I'm missing a ground somewhere.....

Nuker-

Ross

Goblin Guru
Check if the bolts are tight first.... The ones that pull up the bottom connectors on to the fusebox. That is a common problem, if the connectors are not seated tight.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Got some goodies today, I’ll try to figure out why my O2 and IAT1 are not reading first then get this installed before tune.
I’ll check for engine harness loose grounds first but **** it’s annoying having to keep chasing problems.

Nuker-

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
How long since you cleared the codes? Some of that might be from when you had the coil issue if you haven't cleared them since.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
How long since you cleared the codes? Some of that might be from when you had the coil issue if you haven't cleared them since.
Good point, I'll have to test again tonight I think I cleared them prior but i'll do it again just to be double triple sure. But one thing is for certain the IAT1 and O2 are not reading anything.

Nuker-

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I just wonder if you are still having the DTC's for the coils active. If so you might have some larger problem than O2 and IAT sensors.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I just wonder if you are still having the DTC's for the coils active. If so you might have some larger problem than O2 and IAT sensors.

It's very possible. I have a new coil I could put on and clear the codes and see what happens. I can say though when I reset the ECU and run it runs great until you turn it on and off again. The idle is smooth it sounds normal etc.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
for the life of me I can’t figure out how to program my VIN from old to new ECU in Hp tuners. Can anyone help me with that?
Thanks,
Nuker