Nuker's City Goblin build - 2007 SS SC Donor - Completed/Licensed

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Hello everyone!

Donor is my garage and my little brother and I are starting to take it apart. Here are a few of the early shots from late last week. I'll upload some more current stripping shots later. No issues so far just working on figuring out how everyone comes apart.

I was really happy to see the passenger and both side curtain airbags are intact and in good shape!

IMG_0381.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG

List of current parts replaced with new / upgrades.

Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel part #198201
GM Performance Parts upgraded clutch kit GM part #19212712
ZZP LSJ Dual Pass Intercooler Plate Kit part #ZZ-DUALPIC
LSJ Throttle Body Gasket GM part #12575463
LSJ Supercharger Gasket GM part #12584342
LSJ Intake Manifold Gasket GM part #12597855
ZZP Axle Seals x 2 part #ZZ-3543
LSJ Exhaust Manifold Gasket [ZZP] part #ZZ-LSJEG
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs For LSJ x4 part #BKR6EIX-4
Exhaust Manifold Studs and Nuts part#ZZ-EMSNP (Nuts were rusted onto the studs" so replaced all)
Stock LSJ Belt GM part #DK060702
ZZP
Ecotec Shorty Header Part # ZZ-ECTSHDR
ZZP Solid Control Arm Bushings part # K6698
ZZP LSJ 3 Bolt Collector Gasket part #ZZ-LSJ3BCOL
ZZP LSJ Axles-Stage 1 part #ZZ-LSJAXLE-S1
Moog front wheel hub bearing assembly part #
Moog rear wheel hub bearing assembly part #512250
Moog tie rod end part #ES800030
Moog lower control arm with ball joint driver side part #RK620898 (My donors ball joints were in bad shape)
Moog lower control arm with ball joint passenger side part #RK620897
Silicone Vacuum Hose Kit (Ebay kit no part number) (Many of the original hoses were in bad shape)

This is what I have so far, More will be updated as needed.

Attachments

Last edited:

rallyracer

Nice donor!

I also have an 07 SS/SC, so I'll be keeping an eye on your build.

Have your ordered your frame yet?

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yep, I ordered the city version. I just want something fun to shoot around the back country roads. And maybe once or twice a year funday sunday up at Mid America motorplex.

Still trying to figure out what engine upgrades I'd like to do right off the bat. But i'm also kicking around getting used to the 205hp before I jump up to 300!

Nuker-

rallyracer

Yep, I ordered the city version. I just want something fun to shoot around the back country roads. And maybe once or twice a year funday sunday up at Mid America motorplex.

Still trying to figure out what engine upgrades I'd like to do right off the bat. But i'm also kicking around getting used to the 205hp before I jump up to 300!

Nuker-
Have they given you an estimated date of when your frame will be ready?

I say at least do the GM stage 2 kit upgrade.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
No estimated date yet, which is fine with me I have a lot more work to do on this donor before it is anywhere near ready. Hopefully next weekend I can start tackling the wiring harnesses ugh! Yeah stage 2 seems like a nice mid point before one would go up to the larger SC for crazy power.

While we are at it can anyone help me identify these wheel locks? The previous owner put 5 on every wheel....

Attachments

rallyracer

No estimated date yet, which is fine with me I have a lot more work to do on this donor before it is anywhere near ready. Hopefully next weekend I can start tackling the wiring harnesses ugh! Yeah stage 2 seems like a nice mid point before one would go up to the larger SC for crazy power.

While we are at it can anyone help me identify these wheel locks? The previous owner put 5 on every wheel....
They look like tuner style lug nuts.

These look similar.
http://www.ezaccessory.com/Chrome_Acorn_Tuner_Lug_Nuts_p/2807.htm

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Got it you were right, Think gosh for 1 day Amazon shipping!

I'm going to work on getting the front axle nuts off tonight, I think they are 32mm? I'll have to go buy a socket I don't have anything over 22mm.

Current state of the car, well shell hah.

IMG_0415.JPG

rallyracer

Glad those were it!

I'll double check on the axle nut. I swear I remember the head of that nut changing size like every year. Lol

***30MM***

I double checked the socket I had to buy for my 07 SS, it's 30mm.

Last edited:

Swift06

I have an 05SS/SC and the donor list said we needed to keep the rear wheel hubs. Pictures of the other goblins have custom front hubs, so why are we saving the rear hubs? Are you saving yours?

BAR-AIR

image.jpeg
Good Evening,
The rear bearings are reused in the front of the car with the with the custom hubs supplied with the kit. Also the rear brake lines and some of the hardware can be reused. My donor had some corrosion so I didn't use anything from the rear of the donor (also made it easier to get it up on the flat bed.....) -bearings were relatively cheap and didn't want the ABS hardware anyway, I had single piece hydraulic hoses made for the front of the car.
BAR

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_20160210_164243.jpg

The black bearing hub comes from the donor car. You need to keep the OEM nuts to bolt it up.

Everything else in the photo is supplied with your kit except for the steering rack, it also comes from your donor.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Since my donor had 79k miles, I'm going to buy all 4 new wheel hubs, Any opinion on Mevotech brand?

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
The original owner reached out to my craigslist ad selling parts he identified a few custom parts like cobra head shifter, I guess his wife DDed it and it has a new fuel pump as of 8k miles ago and confirmed it had about 200 miles since oil change ouch lol. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy the zzp stage 2 kit for 200$ Brand new they planned to install. Guess it's a good deal!

Jordan

Johvans

The original owner reached out to my craigslist ad selling parts he identified a few custom parts like cobra head shifter, I guess his wife DDed it and it has a new fuel pump as of 8k miles ago and confirmed it had about 200 miles since oil change ouch lol. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy the zzp stage 2 kit for 200$ Brand new they planned to install. Guess it's a good deal!

Jordan
If you aren't interested in it please post his information! :)