NW Meet up in June 2022

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I'm still hoping to be there, but I think that the Goblin will be staying in the garage since it doesn't look like I'll be able to dodge the rain when I leave home unless I leave super early.

Last edited:

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
The problem with not going to bed until 0530 is a tendency to sleep well into well into the afternoon. Hope y'all have been enjoying the meetup.

Whidbey Goblin

It was great meeting up with everyone and talking!
Thanks to our host and to the rain holding off!
We were talking tires yesterday. The tires I’m running are Continental Extreme Contact, my sizes are 245/45 ZR 17 in the rear. 205/45 ZR 17 in the front. Putting a tape measure on them they are 24 inches tall. When you have a chance do you mind putting a tape measure on your rears and telling me roughly how tall they are?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Rears look to be 23 3/4" tall.
This is the spec of the R888r 235/45-15 tire:
235/50ZR15LOAD / SPEED94WLOAD IDSLSIDEWALLBSWTREAD DEPTH (1/32")6.3PRODUCT CODE104320APPROVED RIM WIDTH RANGE (IN.)6.5-7.5-8.5WEIGHT (LBS.)23TREAD WIDTH (IN.)0.0INFLATED OVERALL DIAMETER (IN.)24.3INFLATED OVERALL WIDTH (IN.)9.6MAX LOAD (LBS.)1477MAX PRESSURE (PSI)51UTQG100 AA AREVS PER MILE855

If yours are the EC sport 245/45-17's, here are it's specs for comparison:
Specifications
CONTINENTAL
EXTREMECONTACT SPORT
  • Size:245/45ZR17
  • Service Description:99Y
  • Load Range:SL
  • UTQG:340 AA A
  • Max Load:1,521 lbs
  • Max Inflation Pressure:51 psi
  • Tread Depth:10/32"
  • Tire Weight:24 lbs
  • Rim Width Range:7-9"
  • Measured Rim Width:8"
  • Section Width:9.6"
  • Tread Width:8.6"
  • Overall Diameter:25.7"
  • Revolutions Per Mile:808

Whidbey Goblin

Rears look to be 23 3/4" tall.
This is the spec of the R888r 235/45-15 tire:
235/50ZR15LOAD / SPEED94WLOAD IDSLSIDEWALLBSWTREAD DEPTH (1/32")6.3PRODUCT CODE104320APPROVED RIM WIDTH RANGE (IN.)6.5-7.5-8.5WEIGHT (LBS.)23TREAD WIDTH (IN.)0.0INFLATED OVERALL DIAMETER (IN.)24.3INFLATED OVERALL WIDTH (IN.)9.6MAX LOAD (LBS.)1477MAX PRESSURE (PSI)51UTQG100 AA AREVS PER MILE855

If yours are the EC sport 245/45-17's, here are it's specs for comparison:
Specifications
CONTINENTAL
EXTREMECONTACT SPORT
  • Size:245/45ZR17
  • Service Description:99Y
  • Load Range:SL
  • UTQG:340 AA A
  • Max Load:1,521 lbs
  • Max Inflation Pressure:51 psi
  • Tread Depth:10/32"
  • Tire Weight:24 lbs
  • Rim Width Range:7-9"
  • Measured Rim Width:8"
  • Section Width:9.6"
  • Tread Width:8.6"
  • Overall Diameter:25.7"
  • Revolutions Per Mile:808
That’s great information, thank you. It’s weird because when I put a tape measure on them, fully inflated on an 8 inch wide wheel, my rears measure 24 1/2 inches and my fronts measure 24 inches overall diameter.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The manufacturer's measurement is made on the tire, where your measurement is made sitting on the ground with the weight of the car. This will make the sidewall shorter on the bottom of the tire and give a height value different than what is listed by the manufacturer.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I'd like to add it was really nice of Adam to show up for the meet. Kind of seems like a reunion of a parent and their kids, of sorts.
In all the meeting and talking cars, I had forgot to thank Adam in person (and Lonny)for designing and selling such a well thought out, well supported, affordable, fun to build, a blast to drive, kit car!
So I wanted to do so now.
Thank you!

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
The manufacturer's measurement is made on the tire, where your measurement is made sitting on the ground with the weight of the car. This will make the sidewall shorter on the bottom of the tire and give a height value different than what is listed by the manufacturer.
To add to this, the wheel width can make a difference in the overall diameter of the tire as well.
The diameter measurement in the chart I believe is taken without it mounted on a wheel.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Anyone interested in an autocross? I'd be cool to roll in with a bunch of Goblin brothers.

June 27th, Bremerton Sports Car club.

Jcas

Anyone interested in an autocross? I'd be cool to roll in with a bunch of Goblin brothers.

June 27th, Bremerton Sports Car club.
I plan to be there so will stay in touch to see if it is morning or afternoon heck I am even game for all day

Last edited: