Off the ranch goblin is for sale!! 25k obo

This 2017 DF Goblin was built and owned by famous youtuber Matt Carriker who has 3 youtube channels. Off the Ranch was the channel where the DF Goblin was featured. This car was his own personal car build. he has over 6 million followers on his youtube channels.

This 2017 DF Goblin is powered by a colbalt ss engine with a 5 speed transmission. The goblin also has a bigger turbo and tune. this beast puts down 328 hp to the rear tires and only weighs 1500lbs. this car ran 7.22 in 1/8th of a mile and beat a GTR. this thing is fast.

MAKE OFFER ALL I CAN SAY IS NO! MAY TRADE

here are some videos from the car featured on off the ranch.....

Key words:eek:ff the ranch,demolition ranch,side by side,sxs,cash,trade,trades,turbo,supercharged, hot rod,slingshot,harley, camper,gtr,mustang,challenger, camaro,chevelle, bike,t bucket,v8,fast,charger,scat pack,392,hellcat,plus cash

Attachments

JPas914

It might help to give an idea of the price range you’re trying to get. Something like ‘asking $13k or best offer’. Otherwise you’ll likely get hit with a bunch of offers that are significantly lower than you’re hoping for.

JPas914

I think we know who the initial owner was by now. You spent more of your first post talking about him than the car. How many miles were put on it by you? Maybe list out any mods that were made to it after it was given away.

Ok.plenty of videos and im fine with not selling it or if it sells ok.
The car speaks for itself.if someone really wants it they will watch them.if not so be it.thanks

JPas914

Not everybody has time to watch all his videos on it. Also, his videos don’t cover anything that you and the giveaway owner may have done to the car.

Maybe that little pinch of clout was important to you, but there are less expensive Goblins for sale with all of their details listed readily.You can take me wishing you luck however you want.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I know a local guy who is following my build very closely because he's considering building one himself, but he may not have the work space to do it. He'd be interested in the car ... but he's not interested in watching a bunch of videos on YouTube to learn about it. Can you add any more information about the car? Like total mileage, mods done by you or previous owner, etc. We don't even know where the car is located.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
For crying out loud, let the OP handle selling the way he sees fit. There's no need to call him out on technicalities of being second owner, third owner, whatever.

Last I check everybody in this thread either has a Goblin or is in the process of building one. If you're just trying to be helpful by asking question for a friend of a cousin of an aunt's sister, then just show that person this thread. If said person is interested, then he/she will take it from there.

And yes, I agree that this is a train wreck of a selling process, but there is no reason to keep giving this guy a hard time on stupid crap.

JPas914

So, hypothetically, let’s say my questions were for an interested party. The seller’s inability or flat out refusal to answer simple questions, would have sent them running....away.

The continuous referral back to old videos, while a valuable indicator of the car’s origins....lends absolutely nothing to how it’s been treated since it was given away. I don’t 100% buy the 100 miles on it by the previous owner (giveaway winner), however people’s situations in life change at the drop of a hat and that person may not have been in a position to enjoy the car let alone insure it or selling the car may have helped their life for the better. Nothing was listed as to the status on the upkeep of the vehicle in regards to when fluids were changed...a difficult detail to know if it was never asked when purchased. Small details that would build up into a pretty reasonable, and possibly successful listing, were lacking. As to the asking price, while a bit high in my opinion, he is the owner and 100% entitled to list it for that...I just wished him good luck on it.

Mayor West....I just saw your edit, spot on.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I had some time on my hands for brainless entertainment and went through the painful vlogging videos to see if there was any useful information. Here's what I think I know:

1. The vehicle itself was built by DF, Matt just put on some window dressing in the vids - at least we know it was built to spec and not thrown together with gum and zipties to make a deadline.

2. The 'big turbo and tune' as a comprehensive detailed list of mods (lol) -- Matt drops the Goblin off at DF for them to make some upgrades. Matt obviously has no idea what he got and doesn't mention specifics but he does show the turbo which does not appear to be an EFR or a ZFR turbo. With the reported 329whp (which a stock turbo can do) and Matt mentioning 25psi I'm guessing it's an s252 .... maybe s256 but the numbers would be low. Sitting at 25psi on <350whp likely means that no other upgrades were made to fueling or clutch. It was probably a super safe remote tune so the entertainers wouldn't do any real damage during filming but there's likely a significant amount of power on the table for someone who knows what they're doing.

Raw costs for these TC builds are incredibly tough to do under $20K. Throw on a bigger turbo, tune, wheels etc. $25k, while on the high side for this specific build in product cost, is not totally unreasonable for an initial price point on a turnkey TC. My .02

@Adam @Lonny Can you help this poor guy out with what he bought? How many miles were on the donor when you guys put it together?

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
WOW!

The running gear for Matts goblin originally came from my Orange goblin. It can be seen here.

We built Matts Goblin and then a few weeks later he told us he was going to do a collaboration video with Roman Attwood at a dragstrip. We wanted him to be able to beat Roman's GTR so we installed a ZZP turbo upgrade and took it to Wells Racing Engines chassis dyno, where I use to work, and tuned it. I think it made around 328hp at the tires.

IMG_20170821_130953.jpg

If we sold a factory build turbo goblin it would be easily 30k. This one also has an upgraded turbo and dyno tune.
For comparison, we sell a factory-built base auto for 24k. For somebody wanting a factory-built turbo goblin, this would be a steal at 25K.

It doesn't seem fair to the new owner of this goblin to get bashed, he called us asking us a few questions about Matt's car and said he has had a blast driving it around. He said he has too many hotrods and may eventually sell it.

I suggested that he should list it on our forum and thought everyone would get a kick out of seeing it pop up in the classifieds.
I am embarrassed to see how he was treated!

Lonny

Dale E

Hello, First off, I am not interested in your Goblin, AND I don't own or am I building one.

But, thank you, it was nice of you to inform the Goblin forum of your potential sale. The forum, however, is not the place to sell it, since those on the forum are mostly building to enjoy the journey, have some fun afterwards, and find out all the registration rules that may or may not allow them to enjoy them, have it as a father son/daughter quality experience, or just find out more about what they can personally achieve. It is nice of those who have gone before you to notify the Goblin folks of their desires to sell, and specify the reasons for doing so; ie, job changes, registration/tagging issues, life changes, medical reason.

May I suggest placing it for sale in a local area listing, Bring-A-Trailer, Ebay, car magazines, Hemmings motors ads and others (all of these ads you can list a reserve price or list it with no reserve price). Perhaps a local car dealer would help with a consignment deal. Support the ads with specifics, detailed pictures and videos to watch, historical prominence, DF Kit website for origin, miles driven, where located (for shipping purposes), and other pertinent details. Willingness to deliver might catch a buyers eye.

There are quite a few Goblins currently for sale and the Goblin community will be willing to spread the word that there is another one for sale. We would certainly need to know where it is located to help target an audience, since with the Covid travel restrictions as they are, it would help not to send someone from California to Florida to purchase a vehicle right now. But, if someone is only a county or state away, it might increase the chances. A potential buyer might like to see one in person, so location would help with that also?

If, I've been out-of-line with this post, I apologize!!

Dale
StalkerV6 SC
Birkin S3
1971 Lotus Europa

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
It was given to Matt for free to publicize the kit for DF
It was not given to Matt for free. Not sure where you came up with that information @Mayor West

I'm not interested in sharing the price he paid for the Goblin (and I don't think he would want info like that shared) but I can tell you that for the upgraded turbo kit from ZZP, their remote tune and installation of the turbo kit, he paid the full price.

2. The 'big turbo and tune' as a comprehensive detailed list of mods (lol) -- Matt drops the Goblin off at DF for them to make some upgrades. Matt obviously has no idea what he got and doesn't mention specifics but he does show the turbo which does not appear to be an EFR or a ZFR turbo. With the reported 329whp (which a stock turbo can do) and Matt mentioning 25psi I'm guessing it's an s252 .... maybe s256 but the numbers would be low. Sitting at 25psi on <350whp likely means that no other upgrades were made to fueling or clutch. It was probably a super safe remote tune so the entertainers wouldn't do any real damage during filming but there's likely a significant amount of power on the table for someone who knows what they're doing.

Raw costs for these TC builds are incredibly tough to do under $20K. Throw on a bigger turbo, tune, wheels etc. $25k, while on the high side for this specific build, is not totally unreasonable for an initial price point on a turnkey TC. My .02

@Adam @Lonny Can you help this poor guy out with what he bought? How many miles were on the donor when you guys put it together?
Here's the information from back when the turbo and tune were purchased. We selected a ZFR turbo for Matt but to be honest, I don't know if I could identify one by sight.

Here's the turbo we pulled off next to the turbo we installed:

You're right about the tune being conservative but one factor that needs to be taken into account is that the car was on the dyno in August in Texas. Also, the dyno we used tends to show conservative numbers compared to others in the area which is alright because it is used as a tuning tool for dirt track cars and not for getting the biggest numbers possible for bragging rights. With the way it pulled on Roman's GTR, I wouldn't care what the numbers say.