Off the ranch goblin is for sale!! 25k obo

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Here's the information from back when the turbo and tune were purchased. We selected a ZFR turbo for Matt but to be honest, I don't know if I could identify one by sight.

View attachment 16073

Here's the turbo we pulled off next to the turbo we installed:

View attachment 16074

You're right about the tune being conservative but one factor that needs to be taken into account is that the car was on the dyno in August in Texas. Also, the dyno we used tends to show conservative numbers compared to others in the area which is alright because it is used as a tuning tool for dirt track cars and not for getting the biggest numbers possible for bragging rights. With the way it pulled on Roman's GTR, I wouldn't care what the numbers say.
Great info! I think that's super helpful for the purchaser. Turbo link below - it's a Z54 journal bearing edition of the ZFR6758. The 6758 can safely go into the 400's at the wheels with light supporting mods and a strong tune on good gas if more power is necessary. In other words, this turbo will spool a little slower than a stock k04 but has a LOT more potential throughout the power curve even as it sits at 328whp. In the vids, you can tell the turbo lag is not a real world issue. This build IS fast and well put together, no doubt.

https://zzperformance.com/products/zzp-z54-turbo?_pos=7&_sid=8de6dc08b&_ss=r

I'll bow out from here, good luck with the sale!

Edit: Like most folks here, I want these builds to sell for $50K ...so I'm in the same camp in that $25K is a steal!!

Last edited:

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
In my first post about the Off the Ranch Goblin I mentioned that we sold our donor equipment to Matt. So at the very least it was known that the SS/TC donor equipment wasn't free.

Both YouTube channels received discounted kits and services. They didn't get the kits for free.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
If more people list their Goblins here, it will attract more traffic to the forum from others who would not normally visit.

If there is more traffic from others, there will be more competition for the purchases.

If there is more competition to buy, the prices will go up.

If the prices go up, we all feel good about our blood, sweat, time, and monetary investments.

If we all feel better about our Goblins, others will sense that and more will want to buy and build one.

If more people buy a Goblin, Lonny and family will be financially blessed and continue to make and support Goblins.

As long as DF makes Goblins and gives support, our toys are valuable.

As long as Goblins are valuable, we can sleep well at night.

If we sleep well, we can give a moose a muffin.....

AZmoto

As a potential Goblin buyer/builder i have to agree with Lonny's sentiments.

And why isn't a Goblin forum the proper place to list a Goblin for sale? If it's against DF's rules that's one thing but there have been plenty listed for sale. It's one of the reasons I monitor these forums. I may build one or I may buy one completed if it has the right specs. In fact I would be very interested in this one if it were an extended frame version.

ARabidNull

I really wish I had the money to buy this Goblin but I can't purchase this one *and* build my own, which is what I really want to do. I'm probably overselling my cash flow, I doubt I could pay a fair amount for this car.

However, I do really appreciate how Lonny and Adam have handled this. I've lurked in a lot of car forums over the last couple of years and most are toxic. How this was handled just makes me want to get a kit even more.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
For those interested in getting in touch with the seller, it's probably faster contacting them through FB. Their original listing on FB Marketplace is no longer there as far as I can tell, so it may have sold already.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
I asked Britt N Shane Kent via Facebook messenger. Hopefully there is only 1 of them with that name.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I linked the correct user in my post above. Their FB marketplace listing is no longer available so it's likely sold already.