Archived *Official Builders Thread* Where are you located?

Jlarson524

Robert Webster and Ken Stanford
US Navy brothers
Virginia Beach VA
Pontiac G5/2.4
City frame
Just got the kit two weeks ago!!
Hey Ken and Robert,
Active Duty Navy as well building street TC Goblin in Norfolk, VA. How is your build going maybe we can meet up and help each other out. Also if yours is done looking for info on registration.

LS2GTO

Luke
Tucson Arizona
Adam's track version prototype
2009 2.2 supercharged
Drive it almost daily.

Last edited:

KLMOTORSPORTS

Ken Leiker
Waynesville, Ohio
2007 SS/SC donor for Track version of Goblin for SCCA Autocross racing
Currently in tear down mode of Cobalt...ordering kit in couple of weeks!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Tim
Queen Creek (Phoenix) AZ
2008 SS/TC
Chassis #155 Extended Track
Edit: crate LNF, F40, frame mods, speedholes :p, extra cooling (I live in the desert)

Last edited:

deuc224

A question about the extended frame, does anyone know if a 5'8 person will have a hard time reaching the pedals on the extended frame? I think I would like the look of the a longer frame than shorter, but maybe i need to see one in person.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
A question about the extended frame, does anyone know if a 5'8 person will have a hard time reaching the pedals on the extended frame? I think I would like the look of the a longer frame than shorter, but maybe i need to see one in person.
It really depends on many factors. If you go with all DF provided parts, it might be a reach. We utilized the donor sliders and have all kinds of adjustment. You might be able to redrill the DF brackets to move the seat forward. I also noticed the first Corbeau seats we had were built with really high padding under the legs and caused your knees to be really high and we had to move the seat forward. The new seats we have don't have this and now we have more room and can move them back some.

Bottom line, if you like the extended, go for it. You can customize the seats around it to fit you. But if you don't want to deviate from the kit, it might be a stretch for you.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Unless your seat is fixed, you should be able to fully adjust forward and backwards just as you would in a Cobalt. It all depends how you build it out.

deuc224

Ok that decided it for me, ill stick to the regular frame. I wanna build this out as normalish as possible with just motor mods down the line. not gonna lie I was thinking why would anyone want the A/T version but **** its looking pretty tempting right now after i finish this build lol.