P0300 code LE5

Bajakid1450

So I’ve replaced the spark plugs and coils on my LE5 new cam sensors and crank sensor, and it idles around a 1000rpm but it’s a bit poppy. Also if you touch the accelerator pedal it jumps up to 2500-3000 rpm and stays there for a minute or two
If anyone has any idea of what may cause this please let me know

Bajakid1450

Ok awesome now all that I gotta do is the windshield which would take a very long time to do lol and mount the seats the same way mayor west did his

alphagamma

Do a compression and leak down test too. I had the random misfire code with low compression on one cylinder in another car.

Bajakid1450

I’ll do that too thanks I have some stuff that will fix sticking rings and build up on the oil and compression rings we used at Lexus all the time it’s made by ac Delco part number x66p you take the spark plugs out put at least 1” of it in each cylinder wait 8-12 hours rotate the engine over by the crank one time then wait another 8-12 hours and boom compression and oil consumption is fixed

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I’ll do that too thanks I have some stuff that will fix sticking rings and build up on the oil and compression rings we used at Lexus all the time it’s made by ac Delco part number x66p you take the spark plugs out put at least 1” of it in each cylinder wait 8-12 hours rotate the engine over by the crank one time then wait another 8-12 hours and boom compression and oil consumption is fixed
Curious how this miracle fluid can fix the wear in cylinder bores and rings? Does it fill in scratches and gaps with some Unobtainium? Guessing this is a dealership item to make an engine measure out better for high mileage trade-ins? Sounds like a temporary fix that will itself wear out, since the only permanent fix for compression and blowby problems is engine machining work and new parts. :oops:

Bajakid1450

It’s not really for high mileage cars it more of the build up from not changing your oil causing rings to stick and cause blow by

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It’s not really for high mileage cars it more of the build up from not changing your oil causing rings to stick and cause blow by
Hmm, okay. Marvel's Mystery Oil has been used in the past to do this same thing. I used the MMO on a 72 Nova I once bought that had 'black molasses' for oil. Ran a quart of it with 4 quarts of 30 weight in it for a week and it cleaned out all the gunked up stuff out of the engine. In fact basically plugged up the oil filter. Changed the oil again and the engine ran great, compression went up, and sold the car for $1k more than I bought it 2 weeks previously (which was a pretty good profit in 1978).

Bajakid1450

Yup we use MMO on airplanes at work if the customer requests it. It works wonders :)
The X66P is just way faster since customers want cars back quickly but marvel mystery oil is way better in my opinion