P2229 code won't go away

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I came across a post on Cobaltss.net that says the P0069 won't put the car into limp mode but I don't know it that is true.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The baro sensor is built into the PCM on the TC car. I believe it is also that way on the SC cars. I had to change my PCM for the same code on my 09TC build

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The baro sensor is built into the PCM on the TC car. I believe it is also that way on the SC cars. I had to change my PCM for the same code on my 09TC build
For some reason I think the SC has a separate sensor for barometric pressure, but to be honest I don't know where I got that.

Chubbs

For some reason I think the SC has a separate sensor for barometric pressure, but to be honest I don't know where I got that.
It does. My SC car has one on the supercharger, right on top (the MAP sensor). Then it has another one between the Supercharger and the valve cover (on the "back" of the engine, opposite of the serpentine belt side) that is secured to a metal bracket, and it's literally just hanging there in space measuring ambient pressure (the BARO sensor).

It also has a TMAP sensor on the intake manifold under the supercharger snout, but that's a different beast entirely.

Chubbs

Old thread here, but I thought I would update on my progress (oh god, I sure hope it's progress!).

The Baro pressure sensor and the MAP sensor are NOT THE SAME part number. Despite multiple websites showing them as interchangeable, and appearing cosmetically identical. A lot of websites don't even have a part for the BARO sensor, they just say the MAP is the same thing. The MAP is GM part 19418808, and the BARO sensor is 19418810. I do not know the difference. I can't find a difference. But I finally spent the big money ($50) on a genuine GM 19418810 from rock auto, and the code has disappeared. (for reference, generic MAP sensors are available anywhere for about $10).

Previously, I had disabled the CEL on HP tuners for the 2229 code, but I left the code active (just no light). The last several times I checked codes, it was gone. I have just now re-enabled the light, and we'll see if it comes back. I doubt it will, as the code was never totally disabled, but we'll see if anything changes by re-enabling the light.