Painting Aluminum Components

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Do you guys paint these? I’m using Gray Steel-IT on my frame and thought I might use the Black Steel-IT on these?

Ross

Goblin Guru
I clear coated mine, but that is a 2-5 year solution, as clear coat doesn't last long.

socaljeff3798

Cerakote makes a clear that works really good for this. Its air dry and is less than a .001 in thickness. You cant ever tell its there.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I just went to the auto part store near me... I would have to go to the shop to see what I bought, but I do remember the UV protection is not as good as paint with pigment.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I just went to the auto part store near me... I would have to go to the shop to see what I bought, but I do remember the UV protection is not as good as paint with pigment.
Thanks, no need to go to the shop. I have always had good results with Eastwood products so I'll try a can of theirs.

2K Aerosol High Gloss Clear Spray

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Do you guys paint these? I’m using Gray Steel-IT on my frame and thought I might use the Black Steel-IT on these?

I actually am digging the machined pieces with my black goblin especially my solid shifter. The rest is painted and powder coated.