Parking Brake Kit

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Can someone help me understand exactly what is the "Parking Brake Kit" that is offered?

Instead of reusing your donor car's front brakes at the rear of your Goblin, you can use our parking brake setup. Includes calipers, rotors, adapter mounts and fasteners.

Dose it replace everything regarding the front brakes from the donor that would be used at the back?

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Correct, It will come with Solstic calipers with mechanical parking brakes. you will still need your parking brake handle, cable tubes, and SS brake cables.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
If you don’t go with the option what are you working with?

Moving the from brake components from the donor with out having a parking brake?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The first DF kits didn't have a parking brake option. My kit #121 was one of the first.
So, you have an option of no parking brake.

95Blitz

Pulled straight from my invoice that I got today.

Parking Brake Kit CNC machined Solstice calipers, rotors drilled to new pattern, DFKC caliper adapter mounts, rotor centering rings.
Omit Rear Brakes Remove standard rear brakes. Being replaced by parking brake kit.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Pretty sure all kits sold after January 1, automatically include to parking brake option.

*edit* Sorry, that's all manual trans kits, not all kits.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
On the main order page it says:

New for 2021
“All manual transmission kits now come with parking brakes. Automatic kits can be built by reusing the donor's front brakes at the rear or you can choose to upgrade to the parking brake kit that comes with the manual kits.”

Last edited:

Peregrinus

On the main order page it says:

New for 2021
“All manual transmission kits now come with parking brakes. Automatic kits can be built by reusing the donor's front brakes at the rear or you can choose to upgrade to the parking brake kit that comes with the manual kits.”
That's awesome, I have kit #0017 I wish I could have traded my stock stuff for the parking brake setup, but I'll probably go with a linelock type hydraulic brake for personal use. Sadly it won't pass any inspections that way though.

Goblin Guru
Careful what you wish for. One of my Solstice calipers doesn't release once clamped with the parking brake. I have no choice but to keep a long screwdriver and a hammer with me, if I intend to use it.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
All of your front donor drivetrain gets moved to the rear so there is no parking brake.

On my Goblin I didn't like how when I parked it I had to find a very flat place to park so we developed a parking brake kit.

It uses Solstice calipers and rotors and we supplier adaptor brackets to mount it to the Cobalt knuckles.

Careful what you wish for. One of my Solstice calipers doesn't release once clamped with the parking brake. I have no choice but to keep a long screwdriver and a hammer with me, if I intend to use it.
Let me know which side and I will ship you one.

Goblin Guru
Let me know which side and I will ship you one.
Lonny, I really appreciate that offer, but I could have easily caused the problem when I painted the calipers. You shouldnt foot the bill for (potentially) my mistake.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Mine was doing that also until I loosened the cable bolt on the emergency brake handle, Had cable to tight so it wouldn’t release on the right side.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Let me know if loosing the cable on emergency brake works for you. I think it will the way we had it was to tight and when you pulled handle it would lock up on the brake caliper

Ross

Goblin Guru
I used the rubber brake line from the frame to the front hub. Depends if you purchased new brake lines.
My SC kit came with new rotors and brake calipers. You will need brake pads, if your donor has good ones, you could reuse them.