Parking brake

Esstover

I have a SS/SC and it comes with the stuff for the parking brake. The videos I’m watching are for an Auto. What do I need to keep from my donor for the parking brake??

Ross

Goblin Guru
Parking brake handle, 2 tubes that mount into it. Maybe the cables?.. I can't remember. Df gave me new brake calipers.

Esstover

Yeah. I just got my invoice and saw it came with the calipers. I’m really needed to move the carcass out of the garage so I can organize. Just making sure I’ve got everything. I’ll go ahead and drag out the tubes and everything connected to the handle.

thanks for the reply!

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
And be sure to keep track of those little white plastic fittings on the tubes that hold the tubes to the handle. One of mine is playing hide n seek.

Esstover

So one of my cables is in pretty bad shape. Started looking in to it a bit. Trimmed the outer jacket and cleared out some of the rust sheath to free the inner cable. Any one have any suggestions on saving this? I tried to look for a replacement. Not sure if what I’m seeing in rockauto is the cable without the tubes? If so if need to see if I can salvage the tubes before ordering.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If the cable is damaged, just order a new one. Rockauto has them pretty cheap. Looks like the non-SS cable was ordered by others?

KSLunsfo

Mine were a bit rough looking too but not that bad. I also ordered new and believe they were pretty cheap.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I had to buy the SS parking brake cables. The non-SS didn't work for my year (2006). Other years might be different. With that, the SS cables were cheap on the RockAuto.

Lndshrk Steve

I had to replace my tubes, got a set at a U-Pull-It and they let me have them for nothing. Not a big resale item I guess.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
The RockAuto cables do NOT include the tubes. You will need to salvage yours or find replacements. Someone on here fabricated their own tubes with Pex if I recall correctly.