Parking Brakes

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
The brackets for the calipers are going through a redesign now. Haven't seen the new version so it is just a wait and see game. Parking brakes can be done. Rich who posted above and Bar-air have both done park brakes.

terryjr

Arent the front spindles on those CNC aluminum. Could the simply add a spot for a second caliper? or adapt to use a Mazda rear caliper that has a cable operated parking brake built into its normal hydraulic action.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I wouldnt want a parking brake in the front.....even if it is just for parking. Can you post a link to a Mazda Caliper you are referring to?
?

Reactions: Dre

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Parking brake handle assembly.JPG

This is the prototype bake handle. We are fabricating one in house to test travel and function.
Then we will set up production. It is still a few months out.
The calipers and caliper mounts are available now for anyone with the ability to fabricate their own parking brake handle and cable system.

terryjr

That looks liek the mazda caliper. Pretty much any Mazda 6 rear caliper. Maybe others, probably some fords since they are one in the same

Brian74

Goblin Guru
View attachment 5110
This is the prototype bake handle. We are fabricating one in house to test travel and function.
Then we will set up production. It is still a few months out.
The calipers and caliper mounts are available now for anyone with the ability to fabricate their own parking brake handle and cable system.
Are you guys planning to add an optional purchase area to the order section of the website for stuff like this? Would be nice to see what all is available ie: rear coil over kit, NACA kit, rear parking brake calipers ect. as well as the prices and ability to order it there.

Christopher Sanchez

These calipers are on t/c models as well. Just got this point in my build.. is it worth saving the factory hand brake handle and cables? I assumed the frame had a place to mount but looks like I was wrong.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The cobalt calipers are for a larger vented rotor. The solstice calipers are for smaller not vented rotors.

If you are going to use a parking brake save your cobalt parking brake handle, both aluminum tubes and if your donor was an SS you can use reuse your cables.

Below are a couple of images of the system during test a test fit.
20181022_154855.jpg
20181022_154849.jpg
20181022_154737.jpg

Reactions: Dre

Nilbog

Dangit! I knew i should have pulled the stock parking brake lines from the donor before scrapping it! Only thing i didnt remove! :(