Part 20 - 4" or 4 1/2"

Jareth

Goblin Guru
May I confirm which is correct? In Build Guide 20 - Powertrain and Fuse Box, at the 7:56 mark the audio indicates to cut the hose at 4 1/2-inches but the text on the screen says to cut it at 4-inches?

Probably either is fine but just want to check what the intended length is?

WYGoblin

May I confirm which is correct? In Build Guide 20 - Powertrain and Fuse Box, at the 7:56 mark the audio indicates to cut the hose at 4 1/2-inches but the text on the screen says to cut it at 4-inches?

Probably either is fine but just want to check what the intended length is?
I am not sure about the base model but on the ss/tc I didn't cut that hose. It routed around the air cleaner and down to the hose in the frame.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I bet if you cut the hose at 4.25 it will work. I just installed my rear hoses this weekend but I did it more by holding the hoses side by side and cutting them to match.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Hi Lonny, Only reason I was checking is that I have been transcribing the audio of the videos into a line by line text based check-list, so I do not miss anything.

With your permission I could make the document available to the rest of the group when its done?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind, and when I can I will try to scan through it to update the directions.

TheDon

One of the wiring videos through me off for a minute text said one color but audio said another. I realized something wasn't right reminded it and realized what was up I should of noted it on here

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Maybe make a note for the wiring that for the “button panel” you use the steering wheel controls and the white wire is hazard switch

Antcy18

Maybe make a note for the wiring that for the “button panel” you use the steering wheel controls and the white wire is hazard switch

I use hook up the steering wheel control wire and the hazard wire to the hazard switch? I'm lost on what to do with the steering wheel control wire near the button panel?