Part identification

Metal Mech

Ok got two items I have questions about that aren’t covered in the disassembly video.
First one, my educated guess is that it’s the ABS control? Or Electronic stability control? Mostly asking so I can label the plug I disconnected correctly.

Metal Mech

The second part I believe based on what I can tell is that it’s the hydraulic line for the clutch.
if so what’s the best way to disconnect it?

jirwin

Goblin Guru
View attachment 39851Ok got two items I have questions about that aren’t covered in the disassembly video.
First one, my educated guess is that it’s the ABS control? Or Electronic stability control? Mostly asking so I can label the plug I disconnected correctly.
Yes ABS. I know because it doesn't look familiar because I didn't have ABS.

The second part I believe based on what I can tell is that it’s the hydraulic line for the clutch.
if so what’s the best way to disconnect it?
View attachment 39852
Yes, clutch. Right where the hard-line comes into the plastic there is a groove in the plastic. There is a retaining clip thing (kinda vaugley shaped like a staple). Work that out with a flathead or whatever and you can pull the line off.

snirtman

I used a pick tool with a 90 degree bend to pull them. It made it easy to do.
Here's a picture @Ross posted on the clip shape/position:

Be careful prying it out - they love to go flying and they immediately seek out the nether regions of your shop. Don't ask me how I know. $6 for a new one and a trip to the dealer and you're back in business.

Metal Mech

I think that's the amp for the radio. I can't remember anything else having a big heat sink on it like that.
Awesome thank you guys.

Is for this plug I can’t figure out. It’s on a sensor between the power steering motor and the collapsible shaft.

Metal Mech

Hard to tell in the pic. If it's this sensor then it's the steering angle sensor.View attachment 40190
Yes that is the one thank you. I just wanted to know what to label the plug.
On a not so happy note I think I may have damage one of the wires going to that harness. Just gotta remember to repair it while working on the harness.

Esstover

Here's a picture @Ross posted on the clip shape/position:

View attachment 39853

Be careful prying it out - they love to go flying and they immediately seek out the nether regions of your shop. Don't ask me how I know. $6 for a new one and a trip to the dealer and you're back in business.
Well I lost one of the retaining clips today. They appear to be slightly different but on ZZP they only have one. It’s $5 with $12 shipping. You mentioned making a trip to the dealer? I’m going to try that this week. Can you confirm they are two different clips? As I now only have one.

snirtman

Well I lost one of the retaining clips today. They appear to be slightly different but on ZZP they only have one. It’s $5 with $12 shipping. You mentioned making a trip to the dealer? I’m going to try that this week. Can you confirm they are two different clips? As I now only have one.
Pretty sure the clip holding the line to the clutch master cylinder is the same as the clip holding the line to the slave cylinder. Should be P/N 88958853 . I think I paid $5 at the dealer, partly because I needed it right away, partly because I needed to be sure it was the right one, and partly because I didn't want to pay $10 shipping on a $3.97 part.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I literally have the same problem lol. Lost the clip holding the line to the little plastic bleeder. Its different than the larger one that holds the bleeter to the throw out bearing assembly. Not sure if I have to order the whole assembly for the clip or what. I'll be hitting up autozone tomorrow, dealer on Monday

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I literally have the same problem lol. Lost the clip holding the line to the little plastic bleeder. Its different than the larger one that holds the bleeter to the throw out bearing assembly. Not sure if I have to order the whole assembly for the clip or what. I'll be hitting up autozone tomorrow, dealer on Monday
I have more time than money so I usually hit junk yards and grab a few. Usually get out for a buck or two. Maybe check at a transmission shop? Little bits like that make jobs miserable and when a mech finds a source they buy a dozen or an assortment and stash them in the top of their box. I call them “Jesus clips” because every time I launch one I ask, “Jesus!, did you see where that landed!?”

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Stopped at the dealer... $100 for the whole assembly next day. They don't know what the clip would be, or if they can get one.

But on the plus side, if you still have your little circle thing and line, it seems to be the same size as the clip we're looking for. I found mine and I'm going to see if I can use it... If I can solve the next problem. The bleeder is rusted shut. Its soaking in PB blaster for now lol. Fingers crossed

Metal Mech

Stopped at the dealer... $100 for the whole assembly next day. They don't know what the clip would be, or if they can get one.

But on the plus side, if you still have your little circle thing and line, it seems to be the same size as the clip we're looking for. I found mine and I'm going to see if I can use it... If I can solve the next problem. The bleeder is rusted shut. Its soaking in PB blaster for now lol. Fingers crossed
I saved my clips but they are so rusty I would be surprised if they do not break on reinstall. I was planning on getting the while assembly as well because even the bleeder screws are rusted to crap.