Parts and part outs

Hi everyone! I am a friend of Jason and Russell down in Houston. I love the Goblins and I love seeing dead or dying Cobalts get a new lease on life on the track, trail or wherever y'all take them. I am also interested in keeping my friends' and my own Cobalts up and running too. To that end, I would be interested in just about any parts that are unneeded for the Goblin build, right now in particular Victory red body panels. I not sure if the form rules allow me to post up my number, so feel free to comment or PM me and we can connect. Thanks!

Reece

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have some Victory blue body parts if you know anyone who wants to buy some. :)
2006 Cobalt SS 2 door coupe

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Reece is a good dude. He’s like an animal shelter for Cobalt’s and didn’t hate on Jason for parting out a very rare cobalt. :D

I have some Victory blue body parts if you know anyone who wants to buy some. :)
2006 Cobalt SS 2 door coupe
I don’t think they made “victory blue” in 2006, here are the blues that came that year. Let me know which is yours and I’ll pass the info along.

pisco

Would you be interested in my entire stripped black 09ss? If not it will go to scrap but there will be a lot of parts left.
damage is to radiator support, hood and passenger headlight/fender and bumper cover
Otherwise the car is in surprisingly good condition.

Would you be interested in my entire stripped black 09ss? If not it will go to scrap but there will be a lot of parts left.
damage is to radiator support, hood and passenger headlight/fender and bumper cover
Otherwise the car is in surprisingly good condition.
Is it a coupe or a sedan? I have a black sedan, but pretty much all the coupe parts that will work on a sedan are the ones you listed are damaged haha. If sedan I’m interested for sure

pisco

Is it a coupe or a sedan? I have a black sedan, but pretty much all the coupe parts that will work on a sedan are the ones you listed are damaged haha. If sedan I’m interested for sure

sorry its the coupe
When I picked it up from the auction and saw how light the damage was I seriously considered repairing and flipping it.
The more I thought about it the more I realized I'm probably not going to find another lnf with the rpd, lsd and gmpp + zzp upgrades under 85k miles and less than $2k

pisco

When I popped the hood at iaai after it was loaded onto the trailer I found this but I’m not sure what all was done. It has 3bar map for sure (one of them broke in crash). Not sure what else is done. I did find a disconnected vacuum hose on intake and a t installed, one side heading to rpd the other down in front, not sure what that is.

Attachments

It may have charged pipes, intercooler, downpipe, motor mounts, etc. I don’t think the Goblin uses any of those in the build so I’d be interested in any zzp parts you don’t need

pisco

Inter cooler is stock and broken, intake is a k&n typhoon, upper pipe is plastic so I’m thinking stock, haven’t had a chance to start digging in yet.
It did start but went into limp with no map and massive vacuum leaks. When I strip It I’ll post anything I find for sure. Interior is very clean and the total of damage is to the radiator support, hood and fender. Bumper cover got cracked but even the foam is intact. I don’t understand why they totaled it....

Inter cooler is stock and broken, intake is a k&n typhoon, upper pipe is plastic so I’m thinking stock, haven’t had a chance to start digging in yet.
It did start but went into limp with no map and massive vacuum leaks. When I strip It I’ll post anything I find for sure. Interior is very clean and the total of damage is to the radiator support, hood and fender. Bumper cover got cracked but even the foam is intact. I don’t understand why they totaled it....
maybe they thought it had worse engine problems with the broken map sensor? A “new” hood, fender and bumper could cost $1000+ easy so it’s possible they weren’t worried about a $3000-$4000 pay off to just close the case. If I were the owner I would have tried to buy it back for cheap though

It did start but went into limp with no map and massive vacuum leaks. When I strip It I’ll post anything I find for sure.
Please do! I will be interested in any and all aftermarket parts you find and don’t need. I’m going to check the cars in my driveway to see if the interiors need anything specific.

pisco

maybe they thought it had worse engine problems with the broken map sensor? A “new” hood, fender and bumper could cost $1000+ easy so it’s possible they weren’t worried about a $3000-$4000 pay off to just close the case. If I were the owner I would have tried to buy it back for cheap though
I agree on the buy it back but maybe owner fell on hard times, expensive tires that are super bald, what looks like hardware store ice maker tubing to replace vacuum line, etc.

I don’t know what they actually sell for but I see low mile ss listed for $13k +