PG5's Track Goblin - 2008 G5

PG5

That's actually who I called. They even advertised they pick up junk cars. I was told it's not worth it. I may try a few more places today. I'm sure SOMEONE will be interested.

Altho I'm sure my Nephew will jump at the chance to slice this sucker up with a plasma cutter.

PG5

Round 1

Zeny Cut 50 (Plasma Cutter) VS Pontiac G5 08 (Automobile)

The Zeny Stayed Cool but the Pontiac Lost its Top

Last edited:

PG5

Round 2

Round 2 ended with the Pontiac taking a hard hit to the face, but he's still standing.

PG5

Round 3

Zeny KO'd the Pontiac in round 3. The Pontiac just couldn't take the heat the Zeny was putting down.

Winner Zeny Cut 50 (Plasma Cutter)

Last edited:

PG5

Well I started working on the harness while watching my new favorite program:

I like how they start you off easy with the cute little dash harness, all the while I'm staring at the 50lbs of body harness in the box next to me.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
The second beige one might be the ambient light sensor.

I don't recall seeing those other 2. The top black plug almost looks like the plug that goes to my boost gauge. but you don't have one of those.

Nuker-

PG5

I dunno, I've got this one tagged as the Ambient Light Sensor:

I don't recall seeing those other 2. The top black plug almost looks like the plug that goes to my boost gauge. but you don't have one of those.
:D I wish I had a boosted Cobalt!

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Nope your right, I just looked at my ambient light sensor. You have it marked right. TBH I wish we could get a thead for the LS/LT/SS-SC/SS-TC/G5 just showing detailed pics of every connector removed from a finished wiring harness.

I'm going to do that soon with my SS/SC just to help others out with the pain!

Nuker-

PG5

Okay so mystery plug #2 is the trunk release. Although I did notice that the trunk release and hazard have the same connector. The trunk release has two wires and the hazard has three wires. Or at least I hope.

I'm still not sure what mystery plug #1 is. It's a mirrored version of the trunk release/hazard plug. It traces back to the following two plugs and a ground:

Mystery plug #3 traces back to the following two plugs (ignore the fuel pump label, that's for later):

I think this is a receiver for the keyfob:

Does it stay? I don't think I noticed it in the final harness diagram.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Keyfob and tire pressure receiver.

For plug #3 what does your door ajar plugs look like could it be one of them?

Tony

Mystery plug #2 could be traction control switch... I know it was the same connector as the trunk release and hazard lights.

PG5

For plug #3 what does your door ajar plugs look like could it be one of them?
The door ajar plugs look similar to Plug #3, but they are located on my body harness next to the door plugs.

Mystery plug #2 could be traction control switch... I know it was the same connector as the trunk release and hazard lights.
My donor didn't come with traction control but maybe the plug was just stuffed in behind the dash? I dunno.

Mystery plugs 1 & 3 are on the harness located near the Ignition Switch, Power Steering, and OBD 2 Port. I'm trying to think what else was in that general area? It seems like it should be the trunk release but the connector is a mirrored version, has 3 wires and doesn't plug into the trunk release button. I've identified Mystery plug #2 as the trunk release since it plugged right in.

Tony

My donor didn't come with traction control but maybe the plug was just stuffed in behind the dash? I dunno.

Mystery plugs 1 & 3 are on the harness located near the Ignition Switch, Power Steering, and OBD 2 Port. I'm trying to think what else was in that general area? It seems like it should be the trunk release but the connector is a mirrored version, has 3 wires and doesn't plug into the trunk release button. I've identified Mystery plug #2 as the trunk release since it plugged right in.
I meant #1 (the one you sad was still unidentified. But I also missed where you said it was mirrored, so that's not TC - they were all the same.