Pisco's extended city goblin #220 (2009 SS/TC donor)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Awe.

My only words of advise is to at least primer any bare metal, so it doesn’t rust. Label everything amd take good notes, then neatly put everything in one spot.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Family is the priority right now for sure.
Just wanted to post an update and forgot this

In the meantime I will continue to lurk here and read, maybe comment on everyone else’s post while I dream of the day I can work on/drive my goblin.
That day will come sooner than you expect.

pisco

Awe.

My only words of advise is to at least primer any bare metal, so it doesn’t rust. Label everything amd take good notes, then neatly put everything in one spot.
Primer is done.
Just need to scotchbrite a couple runs and spray color. It’s currently in my hillbilly paint booth of a garage. I picked up a furnace blower for a 3500 sq ft house to use as an exhaust system for $65 so that should work as soon as I have a free day to finish painting.

pisco

First coat of color is on
Next time I shoot the chassis I’m doing a sort of make shift rotisserie with 1/4” aircraft cable.
the exhaust fan worked beautiful.

pisco

wow 18 months without an update... Life happened, a new house happened, a million other things happened
now getting settled into our new home and mostly recovered from heart surgery last dec. I hope to get back to work on the car
I might need to buy a 4 post lift to make room in the garage for a 4th car

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hopefully you have fully recovered from surgery - life altering events take precedence. But glad to here you are ready to start wrenching again. Shoot us any questions you have as the Goblin family is here to support your 're'start. :D

pisco

Ok after a long hiatus and almost selling my kit I got back to work on the goblin project.
almost done with stage one I’m wondering if this sensor on the brake vacuum line is necessary?? I eliminated the wiring when building the harness
IMG_1618.jpeg

pisco

Tc first start
Does everyone wait for stage 2 to fire?
I’m tempted to try to rig up a temp intake to make sure it runs ok before ordering more parts

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Tc first start
Does everyone wait for stage 2 to fire?
I’m tempted to try to rig up a temp intake
Ive read many times of someone just starting and shutting off just to see if it would, didnt/doesnt have to run long, but Im sure the excitement and anticipation is murder.