Powder coat frame is this a clutch or brake line?

D&dgoblin69

Getting ready to send frame in about two weeks for powder coating . Question I’ve removed everything off of frame except for this line because it is in tunnel and is pre bent. Do you think this line will make it through the bake of the powder coat I think guy said 385 degrees. Also why is end of hose looked braced? Also thought this would be the slave cylinder end but it’s in the front of the car where the master cylinder goes. Any help appreciate

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I'd take the line out before you drop it off. Nothing good can come from leaving it in there - best case it comes back with overspray, worst case it gets kinked, bent, or mangled.

KingChuck24

That's the clutch line. They are made to bend and you can always bend it back if you need if anything happens when you pull it out.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Question I’ve removed everything off of frame except for this line because it is in tunnel and is pre bent.
Are you concerned about it being in the tunnel because the tunnel cap is on? If so, you'll want to remove the tunnel cap before powder coating and the line comes out pretty easy with the tunnel cap removed.

D&dgoblin69

Are you concerned about it being in the tunnel because the tunnel cap is on? If so, you'll want to remove the tunnel cap before powder coating and the line comes out pretty easy with the tunnel cap removed.
I thought I seen one of df goblins videos with tunnel cap off but it looked welded on. When prying off tunnel cap came off clutch line was then easy to take out. Thanks for info

Last edited: