Powder Coating

PyroGuy923

Those of you that powder coated your chassis, what other accessories did you have done as well?

Do people powdercoat the billet aluminium pieces (steering knuckles, upgraded rear suspension mounts, intercooler, etc.)

Thinking about having the floor pan, firewall, and rear control arms done in a matte black and the rest of the pieces (battery tie down, seat rails, solid trans mounts, wing mounts, boost gauge, etc.) done in the chassis color.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Floor, back wall, fuel tank and some other small odds and ends, I did in black texture via DF goblin. It seems pretty durable, which is good because pieces like the floor will get the most abuse.

Frame and rad support, I had done in one color and front control arms in aluminum, all those were done local.

All else I painted. Your call though. good on getting a game plan, so you are not waiting on pieces, when you could be building. I had mostly a plan and winged the rest.

PyroGuy923

Floor, back wall, fuel tank and some other small odds and ends, I did in black texture via DF goblin. It seems pretty durable, which is good because pieces like the floor will get the most abuse.

Frame and rad support, I had done in one color and front control arms in aluminum, all those were done local.

All else I painted. Your call though. good on getting a game plan, so you are not waiting on pieces, when you could be building. I had mostly a plan and winged the rest.
Any idea if the floor pan and back wall are powder coated or truck bed liner? I've see some people do that.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Adam or Lonny will need to answer that, but it looks more like a bed liner coating (The thin stuff not rhino liner thick stuff). Those were parts they did for me.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I used truck bed liner on the inside of the floorpan, bulkhead, and firewall halves, and car undercoat on the outside.

Inside: pretty content with the truck bed coating, though I've had to touch it up in a few spots. Also, brake fluid took it right back to bare metal again (woops).

Outside: the car undercoating is rubbery and seems very durable. I think the rubbery texture will better take abuse from the road than normal paint or truck bed liner.

If I build a second Goblin, it will all be powder coated, though.

Last edited:

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Professionally Done for $950:
  • Frame + Rad support
  • A-Arms
  • Subframe
  • Floorplans
  • Firewall
  • Bulkhead
  • Rear steering brace
  • Gas tank