PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

Parson Green

Whaat's this? A "goblin guru" who didn't keep impeccable records of his donor disassembly? What the hell is the world coming to?

All kidding aside, heres hoping this pic (from my internet-sourced "library" of pics) might help. It's from an SS/SC but methinks there may be enough similarity to be of some use to you (& others).

Cheers, regards, etc., ...

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Whaat's this? A "goblin guru" who didn't keep impeccable records of his donor disassembly? What the hell is the world coming to?

All kidding aside, heres hoping this pic (from my internet-sourced "library" of pics) might help. It's from an SS/SC but methinks there may be enough similarity to be of some use to you (& others).

Cheers, regards, etc., .View attachment 12266
Thanks. Remember, all gurus had to start somewhere and I was just a wide-eyed rookie when I starting eagerly tearing apart my donor soooo loooong agoooo! :cool:

PyroGuy923

Pressure test it.
Tested and got 160 across the board.

Got new spark plugs and coil packs which did nothing. Ended up unplugging the MAF and got it to run smoothly.

The following CEL's came on:
P0100
P0130
P0304

Going to get a new MAF sensor and upstream O2 sensor and go from there.

Started some disassembly as well.

PyroGuy923

Right now I'm just trying to get the donor running well before I tear it completely apart. Right now just doing the seats, interior parts, etc. that don't have electrical connections. Once I get to that point I'll refer to all the videos and such to label everything.

Everything in the front that has been disassembeled was like that due to the front-end wreck it was in.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Pyro, can I ask again to get some photos of the driver's side of your engine installed in the donor, please? Need some close ups of the hose routing over the top of the transmission up to the firewall. Parson Green offered up a photo, but it doesn't quite capture everything I am looking to see. These would be greatly appreciated. :)

PyroGuy923

Pyro, can I ask again to get some photos of the driver's side of your engine installed in the donor, please? Need some close ups of the hose routing over the top of the transmission up to the firewall. Parson Green offered up a photo, but it doesn't quite capture everything I am looking to see. These would be greatly appreciated. :)
This what you need? It's hard to get clear pics of that area.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If your running your engine without the intercooler the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) is seeing free flowing air that doesn't match the amount of air the engine is actually using.

This is why it runs better with the MAF unplugged.

PyroGuy923

Final progress from the weekend. Got most of the interior done. Did a few connections/bolts on the dash, and started working on the trunk.

And my basement...

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Why is it, we tend to leave piles of orphaned Cobalt parts behind, everywhere we go? Hmmm, I wonder.

PyroGuy923

@Desert Sasqwatch Not sure if you need these but got some better pics when doing disassemby.

And more disassemby. Interior done (minus dash)

Got the subframe removed and a lot of the engine bay stuff.

Found out I'm missing the engine lift point brackets so need to figure that out before removing the engine.

Also need to figure out how I'm going to get to the heater core hoses at the back of the block.

PyroGuy923

Cut them (as shown in the videos). They are not used other than a small chunk to loop the output and input on the block.
Sorry, should have been more clear. That is the plan. Just need to figure out how to get to them since the turbo and all that is back there. Videos are of a the base model and make it look so easy.

bradr

Sorry, should have been more clear. That is the plan. Just need to figure out how to get to them since the turbo and all that is back there. Videos are of a the base model and make it look so easy.
Mine donor was a 2010 Turbo, I was able to use a set of cutters without issue. Tin snips may also work. Worse case, let the engine drop a few inches after everything else is disconnected and that should get you a bunch of room to clip them.