PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Chassis and all 3 stages stages should be here either Saturday or Monday. Woohoo!

Just order a 66" Nine Lives Racing Wang too.

Now to pick out my color scheme so I can get the chassis powdercoated when it arrives.

Thinking chassis gunmetal, body panels either a deep blue or something like the WRX World Rally Blue, and broze rims. Thoughts?
You can go with a (DEEP INPACT BLUE) also known as BLURPURPLE

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The chassis dolly is great. If you would like the top of the dolly to be flat, the diagonal brace could be moved to the lower 2x4 stretchers - and it would still provide the rigidity to keep your dolly in its rectangular shape. I'm not trying to say anything against your construction skills with this observation, just thinking a flat top on the 4x4 ends would be more stable to whatever is sitting on it. :D

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I tossed a furniture dolly under mine when I set it on the ground and it rolls ok. Not great, but ok.

PyroGuy923

The chassis dolly is great. If you would like the top of the dolly to be flat, the diagonal brace could be moved to the lower 2x4 stretchers - and it would still provide the rigidity to keep your dolly in its rectangular shape. I'm not trying to say anything against your construction skills with this observation, just thinking a flat top on the 4x4 ends would be more stable to whatever is sitting on it. :D
The back is actually on jack stands to keep the weight off it while the front is on the 8" caster wheels so that's why its not level. The smaller upper brace was just another tie point because when we tried to move it the first time the back buckled and bent the 3/5 threaded rod. Plus we used existing holes to mount it. The front used the 2 rear engine cradle holes and the back we used the holes in the bottom of the spring pirch and a hole in the unibody we could get a nut on the top.

I tossed a furniture dolly under mine when I set it on the ground and it rolls ok. Not great, but ok.
I have a few of those but wanted something that I could move in and out of the garage a little easier if needed (there is a little lip between the garage and driveway) and something that would be high enough to get it on a tow truck town the road.

PyroGuy923

Inventory of parts hitting the powder coatered this evening. Exceited to get started on her.

Chassis

Subframe

Sheet metal panels and gas tank

Fender Spacers...

Ross

Goblin Guru
Things = the front spindles have this arm to hold onto the steering tie rod ends.
Strut mounts = the front spindles have these to hold onto the control arm's heim joints.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Bigger question, are you going to powder coat the exhaust pipe/muffler? Probably not a good idea unless it is a high temp ceramic coating.:oops:

PyroGuy923

Are you going to powder coat the fuel tank
Yeah, going to be matte black. Same color as the subframe.

Bigger question, are you going to powder coat the exhaust pipe/muffler? Probably not a good idea unless it is a high temp ceramic coating.:oops:
Nope. Did a quick Google search and said that most coatings are done at a much lower temp than the exhaust gets so not worth it. Plus I would like to do custom stainless/titanium exhaust in the future.

PyroGuy923

5 hours and 2 trips to O'Reily's and the control arms are almost ready for the powder coater. Just need to get the other ball joint off.

@Desert Sasqwatch you still want the bushing bars that connect to the engine cradle? The bushings are torn.

And I think I decided on the color scheme.
Chassis

Body Panels

Rims

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I like the color for your black. I have "Black Cast" for my floor panels and non frame parts and REALLY love it.

Also, have fun with those ball joints. They have to be drilled out I think. I just bought new arms entirely :(