PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
5 hours and 2 trips to O'Reily's and the control arms are almost ready for the powder coater. Just need to get the other ball joint off.

@Desert Sasqwatch you still want the bushing bars that connect to the engine cradle? The bushings are torn.

And I think I decided on the color scheme.
Chassis

Body Panels

Rims
Pyro, yes please, just the front bushings. Let me know how much for shipping. Thanks.

PyroGuy923

I like the color for your black. I have "Black Cast" for my floor panels and non frame parts and REALLY love it.

Also, have fun with those ball joints. They have to be drilled out I think. I just bought new arms entirely :(
Yeah. The first one wasn’t fun. Drilled it out but the bit walked on us to start so they weren’t center. Used a grinder and cold chisssl to knock the ball joint off, then used a ball joint press and a bolt to press the river out.

I think on the other arm we aren’t going to drill it out so we have more to press on.

PyroGuy923

Few questions:
  1. Anyone have directions/pictures of the intercooler pump mounting and hose layout?
  2. The intercooler brackets hits the hard fuel line and vaccum selenoid on the intake manifold. What am I missing?
  3. How do the fuel lines run on the 08 SS/TC LNF since there is no external fuel filter?
  4. I've left most of the heater coolant hoses in place but the coolant tank one doesn't appear to reach. Thoughts?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Few questions:
  1. Anyone have directions/pictures of the intercooler pump mounting and hose layout?
  2. The intercooler brackets hits the hard fuel line and vaccum selenoid on the intake manifold. What am I missing?
  3. How do the fuel lines run on the 08 SS/TC LNF since there is no external fuel filter?
  4. I've left most of the heater coolant hoses in place but the coolant tank one doesn't appear to reach. Thoughts?
  1. turbo_ic_loop.pngturbo_pump_mount.png
  2. I think you might have the brackets misaligned/backwards. Mine were a tight fit against the vacuum lines, but definitely did not hit the hard fuel line.
  3. fuel_line.png There's a weird plastic line from the donor with two fittings on either end, that plug directly into the fuel pump on one end, and onto the circled connector at the other end. I plan on replacing this line one day if I can ever find a source for the fittings.
  4. I sort of remember having the same problem and buying my own length of heater hose to use instead.

PyroGuy923

Should the 2 smaller holes in the intercooler pump bracket plate be threaded? I saw somewhere else the larger supplied bolts bottom out. Seemed like I was having the same issue. Anyone know the proper length to use?

Brett

2. I think you might have the brackets misaligned/backwards. Mine were a tight fit against the vacuum lines, but definitely did not hit the hard fuel line.
3. There's a weird plastic line from the donor with two fittings on either end, that plug directly into the fuel pump on one end, and onto the circled connector at the other end. I plan on replacing this line one day if I can ever find a source for the fittings.
4. I sort of remember having the same problem and buying my own length of heater hose to use instead.
For #3, I used dorman fuel line (800-075) and two dorman connectors (800-086).

I havent done a first start yet so it might not work but it seems to connect right up. It was a cheap solution since I thrashed the original fuel lines.

I did have to trim the base of the connector that I put on the fuel pump to get it to snap on.

Kenny123

Should the 2 smaller holes in the intercooler pump bracket plate be threaded? I saw somewhere else the larger supplied bolts bottom out. Seemed like I was having the same issue. Anyone know the proper length to use?
I'll look when I get home but I don't think the little holes were threaded. I believe they had a nylock nut but I am at work now.

PyroGuy923

Got all the coolant stuff hooked up, subframe and solid mounts in. Need to get a bigger line to make a new fuel line. The one I got was too small.

She lives!!!! First turn of the key and no leaks!

Last edited:

PyroGuy923

Got my control arms and intercooler/piping back from the powdercoater. Hope to get the bushings installed this weekend.

And she sprung a leak. Gasket doesn't appear it will be a fun job.

PyroGuy923

Friday progress.

Got the fuel pump orientation changed, new fuel line made, subframe mounted, and started to press in new control arm bushings but destroyed one of the rears. Had to order a new one and will take it somewhere to get pressed in.

Ran into an issue with the radiator fan not kicking in at 205 like it should. Realized I didn't splice in the extended wire to the original plug. Jumped the ran and it worked so made a little jumper to test it out before fulling splicing it in.

PyroGuy923

Tie rod question. Is it just the ends that need swapped? I originally thought it was the rods and ends?

What do people do for boots on the back?

PyroGuy923

@Ross the circled part to protect the ball joint. Didn't know if there was a particular bellow/boot since the diameter of the tube around the ball joint is much smaller than the steering rack.