PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

PyroGuy923

Over due update.

Brakes/clutch bled, wing temporarily on, and new seats came in.

Just need to hook up the shifter and I should be able to take her on her maiden voyage in the neighborhood!

And the first time sitting in the car after 6 months of building her.

PyroGuy923

Looking good!
Thanks.

Look’n good.

feels weird, doesn’t it?
Thanks. Figurativly and literally. I've always had concerns and anxitey about building and not fitting in it (short and fat). It got worse the further along I got and the fact that I went to a smaller seat made it worse. So relieved when I got into the car and there weren't any issues. Not the comedy act of getting in and out is a different story... :D

PyroGuy923

where did you get your mirror?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I can send you some extensions. But for now, you can maximize the length of everything and get it diving.
The first adjustments will need to be made with the shifter off of the tunnel.
Instructions here.
Until you get the extensions you will need to install the rod ends onto the shifter cables only about three turns. And the big adjustment nuts on the shifter cables will need to be bottomed out. This makes the cables think they are longer. This should get the bell cranks close enough to vertical that it will shift.
Send a message to [email protected] tomorrow and we will get a set of extensions sent your way.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
I can send you some extensions. But for now, you can maximize the length of everything and get it diving.
The first adjustments will need to be made with the shifter off of the tunnel.
Instructions here.
Until you get the extensions you will need to install the rod ends onto the shifter cables only about three turns. And the big adjustment nuts on the shifter cables will need to be bottomed out. This makes the cables think they are longer. This should get the bell cranks close enough to vertical that it will shift.
Send a message to support@dfkitcar tomorrow and we will get a set of extensions sent your way.
I think you meant to type:
[email protected]