Quebec/canada registration

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
There's a few builders in Canada, but I don't know about Quebec specifically. @ManDan1957 is the first complete build that comes to mind, but I'm pretty sure there are more that are finished.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Leaving this info here as it pertains to Canadians who are wanting to buy a Goblin: One of our Canadian Goblin Owners made us aware of this today:

Transport Canada will not accept faxes any longer. Any future Canadian Goblin builder can email their Import Declaration to: [email protected]

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You'd be surprised. Faxes are the bane of my existence as a network admin.
Same here! I deal with that crap weekly. More secure PFFFT!

Back on topic, I would be interested in knowing if it’s doable in Canada and how difficult is it?

Madkat

It’s not a Canadian problem other than getting the kit across customs, it’s a provincial problem. I’ve heard about someone in Ontario that has one registered but that’s the only one that I know of. Mandan is in Manitoba as am I and I’ve be waiting to see if he’ll be able to have his registered. I think there might be someone in British Columbia that had a kit but I have no idea if it’s registered. I’ve got two SS Supercharged donors sitting here and I’m waiting to get a kit when I’m able to register it.

ryster99

That’s great! Any other Canadians out there that have successfully plated there vehicle? Would be nice to get a complete list together of all Canadians on this forum that have a plated Goblin. Im in the process of ordering my Goblin. I’m in the Kitchener/Waterloo area of Ontario.

winddude

I'm might be the one in BC, not registered, I've been really stuck on importation, it seemed there fax number was broken, they finally got back to me with an email.

I'm trying to work through some issues to get my kit imported, telling me it's too complete for importation, this was their response:

We cannot process this case-by-case for a starter kit because it is almost a passenger car minus the power train and transmission.

Also, please see our website which explains what is required when importing or declaring a kit car - https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transportation/importing-vehicle/importing-car-kits

This kit contained a fuel system, the brake system.

Last edited:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
This kit contained a fuel system, the brake system.
I'd argue that a fuel tank and some nylon hose are not a fuel system, that the critical components are the fuel module including the pump, level switch, pressure regulator, and the fuel injection system which is entirely Cobalt parts. Additionally, brake lines and calipers aren't a brake system, and the master cylinder and brake pedal are also donor parts.

Would you get a different answer if the nylon hose and calipers were omitted from the kit? Those can be easily sourced elsewhere.

winddude

I'd argue that a fuel tank and some nylon hose are not a fuel system, that the critical components are the fuel module including the pump, level switch, pressure regulator, and the fuel injection system which is entirely Cobalt parts. Additionally, brake lines and calipers aren't a brake system, and the master cylinder and brake pedal are also donor parts.

Would you get a different answer if the nylon hose and calipers were omitted from the kit? Those can be easily sourced elsewhere.
Agreed, just made that argument to them, that none of those are complete systems. I'll see what they say back. And the brake parts are regular maintenance items. For some reason they asked for pictures of the parts.

winddude

Just an a bit of an update, it sounds like transport Canada has reversed their decision, I'm not positive what it was, I sent them pictures from DF of the kit contents, and explained how their are no complete systems. I believe Adam from DF may have reached out. So it sounds like I will be able to import! I'm just waiting for the importation letter.