Quick question.

Peregrinus

If I'm going to just buy new bearing hubs because the ones on my donor were very rough, and I get the optional rear coilover addition to the kit, I don't need anything from the rear suspension correct?

And all I need from the front is the control arms? Just wanna make sure I'll be junking the shell I picked apart Monday afternoon.

Do I still need the nuts off the top of the front shocks? Or if I get all the suspension from df I don't need any of that correct?

Peregrinus

I did keep the knuckles from the front, was mostly curious about the shock top bolt, I thought I read somewhere to keep them but I don't have access to spring compressors.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Keep all the front suspension parts and throw them away later if you don’t want them. Rear suspension can go. I didn’t keep my front anti-sway bar and wish I did. I also didn’t keep my control arms because I didn’t know I could replace the bushings. It was early in my build process.

I didn’t use a spring compressor and the springs came out super easy. Didn’t really have any tension on them. DFG will tell you to keep all the fasteners.

Peregrinus

Yeah, i kept all the fasteners, but sold the lowering springs that the car had, I was just going to give the guy the entire shock and spring sets because I didn't want to rent compressors to pull them apart, just wanted to know if it was okay to not keep those two top nuts or not.

Thank you!

Peregrinus

Awesome ty, I'm just going to add the rear shocks through the df order page, so I'll be set then! Much appreciated.

Scott #321

On a as/tc do I need anything other than hubs, hub but a, and parking brake cables off the donor? What about on the banjo bolt and washer?