Quick Release Steering Wheel

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have the extended frame also and seats with sliders, however the foot pedal to steering wheel ratio cannot be easily changed. We have to keep the seats fairly far forward because of the deep seat pan keeps your legs from extending straight out in front of you. We always have our knees slightly bent up keeping us somewhat close to the steering wheel.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I was wanting to use the NRG horn button too, but the steering wheel nut will interfere with it. It might work with a quick release since the quick release will extend everything out a bit, but I couldn't get the horn button to work with just the short hub.

theeulogy

I got my 6 bolt to 3 bolt adapter today, way before I thought I was going to. Here it is ......
20180522_184555.jpg

This is the wheel provided in the kit
20180522_190325.jpg

And here is the NRG setup with the new NRG wheel.

It looks to add a little over 3 inches, just as I thought. I dont find it to be too far back, but I do find it to be a little bit too high. I may move it down about an inch with some spacers.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I got my 6 bolt to 3 bolt adapter today, way before I thought I was going to. Here it is ......View attachment 3930
This is the wheel provided in the kitView attachment 3931
And here is the NRG setup with the new NRG wheel.

It looks to add a little over 3 inches, just as I thought. I dont find it to be too far back, but I do find it to be a little bit too high. I may move it down about an inch with some spacers.
Home Depot sells those spacers and longer bolts. I bought 3/4” spacers and it dropped it nicely.

theeulogy

Ok, so I got some half inch spacers to move the wheel down. I still have to get longer bolts, I can never seem to get any job done in one trip. Anyway, here is the height delta.
20180523_144611.jpg
20180523_144427.jpg

Seemed to make a pretty big difference to me, this will work good for my application.

Goblin Graber

Reviving an old thread here.

Those of you that used the NRG short hub does it have wires for the horn? They have a video to make a DIY clock spring for the Horn, but the short hub for the cobalt doesn’t seem to have wires in any of the pics.

I’m going to use the horn button in my NRG wheel. I have one of their quick releases as well. I already got the 3 to 6 bolt adapter and I figured I could use a coiled cord for the horn. If the short hub has wires though a clock spring setup would look cleaner.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Reviving an old thread here.

Those of you that used the NRG short hub does it have wires for the horn? They have a video to make a DIY clock spring for the Horn, but the short hub for the cobalt doesn’t seem to have wires in any of the pics.

I’m going to use the horn button in my NRG wheel. I have one of their quick releases as well. I already got the 3 to 6 bolt adapter and I figured I could use a coiled cord for the horn. If the short hub has wires though a clock spring setup would look cleaner.
Yes there is an internal pass though contact/wire. Been so long since I’ve seen it I don’t remember the details but it’s there

Goblin Graber

Yes there is an internal pass though contact/wire. Been so long since I’ve seen it I don’t remember the details but it’s there
Thanks. All their other short hubs you can clearly see the wires in their pics. The cobalt one doesn’t seem to have any in their pictures.

Jm12

Re-reviving an old thread. What spacers are we talking about? The stock steering wheel was too high for my liking and a QR wheel that's closer to the driver has exacerbated the issue. I basically want the steering wheel in my lap. I'm wondering if I can put enough spacers in place that the power steering motor sits below the frame tube instead of above it. That might be too extreme, or it might be perfect.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Re-reviving an old thread. What spacers are we talking about? The stock steering wheel was too high for my liking and a QR wheel that's closer to the driver has exacerbated the issue. I basically want the steering wheel in my lap. I'm wondering if I can put enough spacers in place that the power steering motor sits below the frame tube instead of above it. That might be too extreme, or it might be perfect.
Here is how Scott @SACTX Addressed that: