r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Thanks, I’m assuming I have to dismantle the rear before I can pull all of that. The driver side cable is really loose compared to the right side. Need to inspect all of the fittings when I pull to make sure nothing is broke. Hoping it’s just the caliber needed adjustment.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Yep you're right, I guess I just reflexively remind people about the tubes when I see them because they're not listed on DF's list of donor parts to keep. Sorry about that.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Yep you're right, I guess I just reflexively remind people about the tubes when I see them because they're not listed on DF's list of donor parts to keep. Sorry about that.
Never hurts to remind people. Although, I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want them on the auto models as well. I always use my ebrake when parking on a hill (like my driveway) so the transmission isn’t shifting off a gear when I shift out of park. That loud clunk when I forget makes me cringe knowing I’m potentially damaging the transmission because I didn’t take 2 seconds to engage it

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Spent a few hours on the tear down today. Got the dash harness out and set to the side. Started dismantling the back end as well. Got the rear hubs off and started working on the ebrake line to get the calipers removed (and to strip the ebrake) but had to stop. Didn’t get a good look at it, but I’m assuming there is a clip holding the line to the caliper that I have to remove first? How difficult is it to strip the ebrake lines and can this be done before dropping the fuel tank or does it have to be last?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Finished tearing down the car this morning. Ebrake lines and metal tubes have been recovered. Car is sitting on 2 -1000lb dollies and rolls (didn’t move it much because harbor freight dollies aren’t the best as we all know). Posted online to see if anyone wants the complete shell while I keep the title before I chop the shell up and scrap the sections individually myself.

Goblin Graber

Oh the remains of the donor. I’m totally procrastinating hauling that stuff off. I think dealing with that pile of trash and the decade old electrical tape on the harness are the worst parts of the whole project.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Oh the remains of the donor. I’m totally procrastinating hauling that stuff off. I think dealing with that pile of trash and the decade old electrical tape on the harness are the worst parts of the whole project.
Unfortunately it’s taking up one of the parking spots in the garage so I’m gonna haul it off probably this week (minus the parts I can sell). Prefer to have my wife park in the garage so she doesn’t have to go out in the rain with our 1yo daughter.

definitely not looking forward to the harness rework with the old electrical tape being part of the reason. Need to get more latex/nitrile gloves for that.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You have a ton of parts that can be sold - including that sunroof you still have in the carcass. I made money when I sold my scavenged parts over the delivered total cost of my donor. Makes a big difference when your working to a budget.:)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Take out the headliner and window trim panels on both sides of the windshield. Then it's a matter of unbolting and wiring disconnection to drop the whole assembly. I sold my sunroof for $125.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Spent last night cutting up the donor so I can scrap it. People weren’t lieing when they said get a lot of blades! Even the Lenox blades from Lowe’s took a few of them. Still have to cut the back half.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Last load of the donor shell ready for the scrap yard tomorrow morning. Was only able to fit the front section and roof on the first load. Made $22 for that half of the car :)