r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I looked at my wires draped over the edge by the BCM and I have a brown one labeled passenger rear marker, and I have 1 dark green labeled passenger rear tail. I'm assuming this is my missing wire, but I didn't see in the videos where he said to pull it from the BCM towards the fuse box. The passenger rear marker wire goes to the junction. The other loose brown wire by the BCM I do not have labeled.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I looked at my wires draped over the edge by the BCM and I have a brown one labeled passenger rear marker, and I have 1 dark green labeled passenger rear tail. I'm assuming this is my missing wire, but I didn't see in the videos where he said to pull it from the BCM towards the fuse box. The passenger rear marker wire goes to the junction. The other loose brown wire by the BCM I do not have labeled.
That dark green wire definitely gets pulled toward the fuse box and bundled in with the passenger taillight wires. Check continuity between that wire and pin A-12 on the red rectangular BCM plug to verify.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
That dark green wire definitely gets pulled toward the fuse box and bundled in with the passenger taillight wires. Check continuity between that wire and pin A-12 on the red rectangular BCM plug to verify.
Thank you very much, Ark! That was the wire I needed to pull. Got it all taped up and video 6 is complete. Finally half way done with the harness. Can't wait for this to be over so I can start painting and prepping my donor parts for the goblin. Need the garage space to do that.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Just finished video 8 - thinning the dash harness. I didn’t see a connector that looked like the one in the video for the “steering angle connector.” I do have a connector labeled “power steering module” and assuming that’s something entirely different.
just to make sure, these are the connectors I have left:
OBDII
Dash to body connector (gets clipped next video I believe with labels)
1 for Gas pedal (entire thing is connected to the dash/body connector?)
2 for clutch
2 for brake
2 for ignition switch
2 for turn signal
1 for power steering module
1 for boost gauge
1 for info/return
1 for Gauge cluster
1 for light sensor
1 for key fob/tpms
Blue multi plug
Grey BCM connector

cables pulled through harness and hanging over edge:
1 for fog lamps
1 for hazards
3 from steering wheel buttons
1 low speed GMLAN
1 red/wh cable (power?)

this sound accurate from everyone else’s experience thus far?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
On an early model, you should have a GN/WH and a PK coming from the instrument cluster's gray connector for INFO and RETURN.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Thanks Lonny. I have an Info/Return connector on the table that’s labeled. Don’t remember the colors on the wires and didn’t trace them out though. I’ll verify that after work. Gives me peace of mind having you looking over this for me.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
One thing I found odd is my accelerator pedal connector is plugged into what appears to be a 3-5inch extension cable that then plugged into the pedal itself. Is this a crossover cable of some sort to accommodate different models?

Goblin Guru
One thing I found odd is my accelerator pedal connector is plugged into what appears to be a 3-5inch extension cable that then plugged into the pedal itself. Is this a crossover cable of some sort to accommodate different models?
I don't know the answer to your question, but, my 08 LNF donor had the same thing.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Hey @Lonny, I didn’t cut out my info/return connector. You’re right, there is a gr/wh and pink cable going from it to the cluster connector. Should I cut off the connector and tie these 2 cables?
4A1C9259-800F-47BC-98CE-E3AC7D01E3F1.jpeg

what about the wire going to the taped junction? Does this get removed? In the video it looks like the junction gets cut out entirely back to the grey multi plug, but my boost gauge connector is still connected to this junction so I didn’t cut it out.
BBB586B0-5301-4587-809B-302290889D45.jpeg

BDE0287B-1362-4E94-B316-295033A15087.jpeg

I didn’t have it labeled initially and started to thin out the wires and realized what it was thanks to your label sheet and the body to dash connector reference.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The info and return connector can be removed. Tie the GN/WH and PK together. When you eventually gather all of the wires for your buttons there are going to be two pink wires. One is for the Info or return (can't remember which) and the other is key on positive power for your cruise control. Don't mix them up.
The grounds can be removed and the gray can be cut up to the taped junction.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Was about to start video 10 and 11 of the wire harness and watched them ahead of time (about 4-5 times) to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Well I didn’t see this wire mentioned at all that’s sticking out of my harness. Don’t want to rip off the tape to trace it, but I will if no one knows what it’s for. I re watched some of the earlier videos and didn’t see it mentioned so now I’m curious why I did what I did. I connected a continuity tester to it and I get a dim light on several connections either at the fuse box, ecu multiplug or the fuel pump/ coolant tank plugs hanging off the side. It’s not brightly lit like when I touch the tip to the alligator clip so I’m thinking I may have a short somewhere, or there’s a chain of connections throughout the harness that it’s following.
361152FD-6FD5-449F-8A99-8EFE667170C8.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Goblin Guru
The first pic is at the fuse box end of the harness, right? The wire looks like light green but maybe it's light blue. If it's light blue, it's to power your main radiator fan.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
The first pic is at the fuse box end of the harness, right? The wire looks like light green but maybe it's light blue. If it's light blue, it's to power your main radiator fan.
No the light blue I have the cap on from video (8?)