r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Is it the backup light wire?
If it is it will hook to the engine to body harness connector.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Is it the backup light wire?
If it is it will hook to the engine to body harness connector.
Used a cable toner and probe to narrow it down to the blue bcm connector on the body hardness. Made an extension for the continuity tester and found which pin. Any idea?
1EE26A3F-6C46-460D-B11F-69853911F7DD.jpeg

44F256AB-C2F8-4853-A1E9-D308D9B7168D.jpeg

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Alldatadiy leads me to believe this is C2 for the connector, pin 26 which is instrument panel light dimmer switch signal... but it says the wire is dark green and pins 21-25 shouldn’t be used, but I have a pin in 22 and 21

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
There is a light green that goes to your coolant level connector. Do you still have a coolant level connector?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Think I figured out my problem, I never soldered my coolant tank connector line :rolleyes: thanks for the help again Lonny.
image.jpg

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Order for more ZZP goodies submitted:

Stage 3 LSJ entry turbo kit
BRFPS
Option B
Dual pass end plate
Phenolic Intake Spacer
Rear main seal (I’ll be in there changing the clutch so why not)
Timing chain and guide set
Replacement timing chain guide bolt
Valve cover gasket since I’ll be taking it off for powder coat
Front cover gasket
RTV Ultra Copper for the oil pan

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Was staging everything for degreasing and paint prep and found that one of my rear caliper brackets has the 2 guide pins seized and they won't come out. Do I need the front and/or rear brackets, or any of the calipers for that matter, if I'm getting the SS parking brake kit with my goblin?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The brake calipers have a DF supplied caliper offsets that then mount to the metal uprights with the wheel bearings. Cobalt uprights on the back of the goblin, DF billet uprights on the front.
The offsets have the 85 with the underline on them. I did end up using my own bolts on the calipers, in order for the threads to go all the way thru the castings. I needed all the threads in the casting in order to torque the bolts to 85 pound feet.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
ZZP won’t ship my turbo kit and items on that order until I send them my ECM file for them to calibrate. Theoretically, I should be able to grab a piece of steel and bolt all of the grounds from the harness and engine to it, connect up the battery and have power to the OBD2 and ECM to pull the file, correct?

Peregrinus

ZZP won’t ship my turbo kit and items on that order until I send them my ECM file for them to calibrate. Theoretically, I should be able to grab a piece of steel and bolt all of the grounds from the harness and engine to it, connect up the battery and have power to the OBD2 and ECM to pull the file, correct?
You could Look into a bench harness too worst case, I know efi connection has a few for chevy engines.

A link to get ya started.

Not sure if that is the one you need specifically, but the first one I seen with a quick search, I bet that they have the one for your pcm aswell