r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
You could Look into a bench harness too worst case, I know efi connection has a few for chevy engines.

A link to get ya started.

Not sure if that is the one you need specifically, but the first one I seen with a quick search, I bet that they have the one for your pcm aswell
I’ll keep this in mind, but to get the harness and the kit would be $500 almost. If I can buy a $12 piece of steel and do the same I’d rather go that route.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
ZZP shipped the order and said to email the file when I can. Everything arrived today. Also got my new front and rear hubs from Autoshack and new tie rod ends. Got all of the donor parts I will be using cleaned up, hung up and painted today. Made a lot of progress today and feeling ready, once again, for the kit to get here. Still waiting on my seats and harnesses to arrive, as well as my GT Wing which should be here end of March. Put everything into a nice pile in the garage. Had to pull out the Z57 and admire it

Attachments

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Was reassembling my clutch pedal assembly and thought that the pedal was loose as it didn’t stay depressed on the upper switch. Looked at the spring that’s on the pedal and it looks like the spring is broke. I don’t remember it having the loop to the front to keep the pedal forward, but that’s what I’m seeing when looking at pictures of the ion clutch pedal from ZZP. Can anyone confirm if their spring looks like mine? If it is broke, anyone know where to get just the spring instead of a $100 new pedal assembly?

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Decided to layout all of the parts I’ve purchased for the goblin thus far and to inventory the packages I’ve got from ZZP. Good thing I did because ZZP forgot to send the injectors and injector harness with the turbo kit, but thought I’d share the picture of the parts. It impressed even me seeing it all laid out.
That is an impressive pile of shiny new parts! Now you just have to get to work and put them all together. :D

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
That spring is made of unobtainium.
I’m finding this statement to be 100% true. Clutch pedal part number is 15274044 but has been discontinued (obviously) so literally NO ONE has one anymore. HOWEVER!!! 15274047 is the clutch pedal assembly for the 03-07 ion redline and looks the exact same... but everyone that stocks it wants $175+ for the assembly. I think I’m going to follow suite and find a strong return spring for something and make it work.

Although, I have been tossing the idea of a second LSJ motor to build with the new parts so the goblin isn’t down while I slowly build the motor. If I go this route, I will have a replacement pedal assembly.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
That is an impressive pile of shiny new parts! Now you just have to get to work and put them all together. :D
Waiting on my kit still, should be going into the jig today or tomorrow. Besides that though, I’m keeping the engine stock until I get it in the goblin and everything fires up and idles. Since I did my own harness, I want to be sure I didn’t fudge anything and too many changes (building the motor now) could complicate the troubleshooting process. Fingers crossed I’m not as shitty of a backyard mechanic as I think I am.

Ross

Goblin Guru
...Although, I have been tossing the idea of a second LSJ motor to build with the new parts so the goblin isn’t down while I slowly build the motor. If I go this route, I will have a replacement pedal assembly.
TDGC is getting bigger by the hour! Two Donor Goblin Club

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I’m finding this statement to be 100% true. Clutch pedal part number is 15274044 but has been discontinued (obviously) so literally NO ONE has one anymore. HOWEVER!!! 15274047 is the clutch pedal assembly for the 03-07 ion redline and looks the exact same... but everyone that stocks it wants $175+ for the assembly. I think I’m going to follow suite and find a strong return spring for something and make it work.

Although, I have been tossing the idea of a second LSJ motor to build with the new parts so the goblin isn’t down while I slowly build the motor. If I go this route, I will have a replacement pedal assembly.
I wonder if something like this torsion spring could be used?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I wonder if something like this torsion spring could be used?
I’m sure it could be made to work if it had an inner diameter large enough to go around the plastic where the bolt goes through.

Brett

Watch ebay for used clutch pedals. They do pop up from time to time.

ATMironov

Was reassembling my clutch pedal assembly and thought that the pedal was loose as it didn’t stay depressed on the upper switch. Looked at the spring that’s on the pedal and it looks like the spring is broke. I don’t remember it having the loop to the front to keep the pedal forward, but that’s what I’m seeing when looking at pictures of the ion clutch pedal from ZZP. Can anyone confirm if their spring looks like mine? If it is broke, anyone know where to get just the spring instead of a $100 new pedal assembly?
I have a clutch pedal and bracket from an 08SS that I'm not going to use. Not sure if its the same one as yours though...
Also, there dozens of these things getting parted out in the Facebook groups. Could probably find what you need there.