Rabid Sloth Racing's '06 SS/SC full-caged street Goblin

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We may have to start sending extra washers so it can be shimmed as necessary.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
the thickness needed looks to be about the thickness of the plate from between the hub and knuckle that I am sure everyone is removing. When it is removed the bearing sits closer which in turn brings the rotor closer to the bracke

We may have to start sending extra washers so it can be shimmed as necessary.
I ran in to a slight issue while installing the parking brake calipers. Last night I got the mounts, rotors, and calipers mounted. I had a issue with the caliper brackets They ended up rubbing the rotors on the inside. The right side was enough to make the rotor hard to turn. The left was just barely touching but enough to make a noise when the car would be moving. I had to put a washer between the spindle and the machined bracket just a thin washer worked.
View attachment 6548
Where I think the issue is that GM machines the outer part of spindle to measure the correct distance from the back of the rotor where the factory calipers mount (green arrow) The back of the spindle is not machined and the different castings i'm almost sure knowing GM that all castings are a different thickness ( Orange arrow) So this may be an issue on other builders. Easy to overcome though.. I have spoken with Adam about this and they are working on it. I just figured I would share it in case someone else runs into the same problem
View attachment 6549

Rabid Sloth Racing

It's been pretty hectic so I've kinda slacked on posting here. It still need the right wheels, running 18x8 with fairly hard compound. The suspension needs some tweaking, digi angle gauge is on the way. Five point seat belts on factory seats isn't very safe but I'm rigging up a temporary solution. Hood and sides need painting. Somehow the brake lights come on with the clutch not the brakes. But it's insured, inspected, temporarily registered, and hella-fun.

Attachments

Rabid Sloth Racing

Most likely just plugged them in wrong. I'm going to do a few more shakedown drives before taking the hood off. I can hear a vacuum leak in the front also. But at the moment I'm using a filed down washer as my DZUS tool and would rather use it as few of times as I can to keep from stripping one out.

Rabid Sloth Racing

Here are the three connectors. I have the white and black one going to the two identical looking switches on the brake pedal. The gray plug goes to the larger on I have as the clutch switch. Do I need to swap the switches? Could I have messed up somewhere else?

1591058010448.png