Raptor liner

Has anyone painted the hood and engine covers with raptor liner? We live in a pretty windy area with tumbleweeds and I thought it would hold up better than a wrap or paint.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I used the spray one variant for some parts of my 'firewalls' and floor pans. It went on easily but was very hard to keep consistent. I had also used Rustoleum roll on. I think it did much better but definitely was a pain to roll on. It's really thick and hard to keep consistent. I worked better if I poured it on a section, then worked it around with the roller. It's held up pretty well on metal but do not know how it would stick to fiberglass.

That’s another thing. We’ve been going back and forth on whether to get the aerosol cans or the spray kit since the body pieces are small.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
If doing the Engine cover or hood, I think I would go with the professional applied Rhino Lining or Line-X.

If use the Rust-Oleum Spray on liner, you can spray over it with satin black to even out the color. But it comes as a very sandy texture. I would not use it for exterior visible parts.

NM is definitely tumbleweed territory! Are you worried about getting scratches from tumbleweeds blowing around?
Yes. It’s very windy here. My husband drove our goblin to work and hit one. You can’t really avoid them at times. We don’t have anything on it right now. It’s just black with filler in some parts