RCK605's Track Goblin #438 - 05 SS/SC

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Over the weekend so far, I was able to get all of the connectors labeled. Big thanks to @Ross on that one for providing some videos of his harness and labels. Then I proceeded to remove all of the old tape and loom. My assistant wasn't too helpful and wanted back in the house before we were finished! Tomorrow I am hoping to start on thinning out the wires.

Are there any wires that the videos show to remove that people have kept? I am thinking I may want to keep some additional 12V power. I'll also be keeping the AC wire for a wideband O2.
Tell your assistant he has been demoted to cat (the 'p' word) status! :p;) No treats for you!

Jmar1622

Over the weekend so far, I was able to get all of the connectors labeled. Big thanks to @Ross on that one for providing some videos of his harness and labels. Then I proceeded to remove all of the old tape and loom. My assistant wasn't too helpful and wanted back in the house before we were finished! Tomorrow I am hoping to start on thinning out the wires.

Are there any wires that the videos show to remove that people have kept? I am thinking I may want to keep some additional 12V power. I'll also be keeping the AC wire for a wideband O2.
I kept the driver door ajar wire and hooked it up to a momentary button.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I kept a couple, in case I needed it for the future and as a fail safe if you goofed somewhere.

RCK605

Knocked out the first wiring thinning video and started the second. Getting too hot in the garage for today. I'll finish the second video tomorrow.

Also saw the post that my chassis is getting its finishing touches! That raises the excitement level a bit.

Attachments

RCK605

It's been awhile since I've updated my build log. Not much progress the past couple of months, but that is about to change! It is starting to cool off outside and I picked up Stage 1 today! Getting the chassis in the garage really stoked the fires of motivation again! Time to get the wiring harness finished and start on the fun stuff!

And of course I had to take my helper alone.

20220909_102300.jpg20220909_111845.jpg20220909_174421.jpg20220909_065029.jpg

RCK605

I can't decide which color to do the frame. Red or blue? The grey/charcoal color will be an accent color for the control arms and such.

20220922_161804.jpg 20220922_161807.jpg

The hood will be wrapped in this pearl white color.

Screenshot_20220921-105951_DuckDuckGo.jpg

These are the wheels I plan to use.

Screenshot_20220922_162736.jpg

Let's make this a poll. Cast your votes for blue or red.

KingChuck24

My frame is the illusion blue which is what looks like that color of blue you are holding. I would highly recommend it and it is very vibrant.

This is it right after it finished powder coating.

RCK605

My frame is the illusion blue which is what looks like that color of blue you are holding. I would highly recommend it and it is very vibrant.View attachment 35776
My frame is the illusion blue which is what looks like that color of blue you are holding. I would highly recommend it and it is very vibrant.View attachment 35776
Which version of Illusion Blue or is that the specific color? The swatch I have is for Illusion Smurf.

RCK605

I am too. I think I wanted myself to want the red more than I wanted the red. It just doesn't have the sparkle of the blue.

KingChuck24

Ok so a little update. I went to pick up my other parts from powder coating at a different place. Those were coated illusion blue. Apparently the frame was actually coated illusion blue-berg. A very different color. So if you like the look of my frame, get it powder coated that color. The company I did it with is very professional and I will be contacting them about this.

RCK605

Ok so a little update. I went to pick up my other parts from powder coating at a different place. Those were coated illusion blue. Apparently the frame was actually coated illusion blue-berg. A very different color. So if you like the look of my frame, get it powder coated that color. The company I did it with is very professional and I will be contacting them about this.
I believe the frame for Goblinfest is Illusion Blue-berg. Very close to the Illusion Smurf that I'm doing. I think blue-berg is a bit lighter of a blue.

Which do you prefer, the Illusion Blue or the Blue-berg? I'm a sucker for metallics. Especially in this Texas sun!