Re-use of Aftermarket Donor Springs

SwerveMonkey

I've been trying to find examples of what to do with aftermarket donor parts, specifically springs.... not sure if I am looking in the right corners of the forum though, so here i am to ask.
I've two pair of eibach springs stamped 4.9938F, from what i gather in initial research shows that they are lowering springs... meaning to me, maybe I shouldn't cut one turn of the coil off compared to the stock height springs. admittedly, I am still learning about the inticacies of suspension in detail.

Has any one else experienced getting a donor with aftermarket suspension bits? And were they parts that could easily be incorporated into the Goblin?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I believe those Eibach springs are 2-3 inch drops, which are much lower than cutting a coil from the stock springs. You can probably try them to see how low they sit. If too low (your control arms need to be close to level or your handling will suffer) you can find some stock springs for a better fit. I had Eibach springs on my donor sold them for $300 with the struts and shocks. :)

SwerveMonkey

I'll hold on to them then and see how things go... in the meantime I'll reinstall them on the painted struts