Rear Coilovers

Lndshrk Steve

Just a quick question. On the N15J rear coilover kit, are there SUPPOSED to be two shocks marked "LOWER MOUNT-L" or should I have a L and R?

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Off the top of my head, there is no difference for our application. I think there is an attachment point for a wheel speed sensor connector that is reversed on the two sides (which we don't use). I'd take a look at my car to confirm but I'm out of town.

Lndshrk Steve

Thanks. There is a L shaped bracket but I didn't know if it was for the brake line, the parking brake cable or what. I was just looking for a left and right. I still have the originals, l'll take a look at those.

Lndshrk Steve

Looking at the originals and the Manual, that bracket is for the sway bar links. So if I have two lefts, there is probably no way to use the factory sway bar on the "now" rear. Wouldn't that give BC Racing fits if you ordered only Lefts?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya. If you are going to run a sway bar you’ll need the correct mounting points. Without a sway bar, you can mount a park brake cable holder to the mount point. Kind of odd having 2 lefts.

Lndshrk Steve

Ok, thanks. I'll get in touch with the powers that be and see what we can do about this. I'm thinking someone's got two rights? Not a problem, don't need them right away, just looking ahead a little.