Rear control arms

dvldawg

Hey party people, got a quick question. My donor car is a 2010 LS, and it has the stamped/ welded control arms. My question is, can I change those out with aluminum control arms or will there be different measurements?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
No difference. However they is a difference in the size of the taper of the ball joints from what I remember. Check around on this forum, I remember seeing something about that.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
No difference. However they is a difference in the size of the taper of the ball joints from what I remember. Check around on this forum, I remember seeing something about that.
I think the issue you're referring to is the difference in the diameters of the ball joint and knuckles on pre and post 2008 FE5 suspension. Prior to 2008, all suspension packages regardless of trim level/RPO code used the same diameter. The post 2008 FE5 suspension fitted to the SS/TC trim increased the diameter.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Hey party people, got a quick question. My donor car is a 2010 LS, and it has the stamped/ welded control arms. My question is, can I change those out with aluminum control arms or will there be different measurements?
You'll be fine; I did the same thing with my build (2008 LT donor).

dvldawg

Thanks for the info guys. I haven’t decided if I want to go this route but I wanted to get my head around the pros and cons. I like the look but may just get them powder coated with the other parts. Thanks again.