Rear wing recommendations

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
With how far over-budget I am, I only spent about $190 on my wing, shipped. We'll see how it turns out. It's just plain aluminum, but it looks ok in the pics.

It's going on THAT list ... you know the one. The "If I don't like it, I'll buy a better one later" list.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I ordered my wing May 29 and here it is June 27 and still no wing. I emailed and called hard motion a couple of times and no response to either
You won't get a reply. It took over 20ish business days for me and @OptimizePrime to get ours and each email I sent them went unread. I literally got the shipping info the day after it was delivered. They take their time but it's the cheapest route. Came very well packaged.

JeffInWA

My brackets are 27 1/2" apart.

Has anyone tried using the Cobalt wing? I did a test fit with mine early on to see if I wanted to keep it. I decided I would rather have an aluminum wing instead (which I have yet to purchase).

The wing is made of plastic and is not really that stiff. Across the entire wing on the underside is an inch-wide channel that runs the full length of the wing. I think it's there to add some stiffness.

I cut the supports off, then filled the holes where the supports where with epoxy. I slightly bent a piece of 1" x 1/8" x 40"ish flatbar to follow the curve of the channel and welded some brackets to it for attaching to the supports. I attached it to the wing with the flatbar in the channel, then filled the channel with epoxy. It's very stiff now. I had taken some pictures of the process but the camera I was using apparently was not saving every picture.

Here it is on the doner:

And here it is on my frame after painting with plastic primer - i didn't go any further because I didn't think I was going to use it:

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Hardmotion.com search wing and sebion carbon fiber gt wing
Better off ordering through eBay shipping a lot faster and cheaper price
I think it ends up being cheaper with Hardmotion because eBay charges tax. The shipping is hilariously long, though.

I ordered mine before I even received my kit so I wasn't in a rush.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
My upright mounting points are 27" apart.
Yep, around this general area is close enough. There's some flexibility between 26.5" and I'd imagine 27.5" would work also depending on which side of the mounts you bolt the wing to. Anything above 27" you may lose the option to use the DF wing rod stabilizer (without spacers and such).

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
i just purchased from hardmotion thru ebay. $680 shipped. thanks for all the inputs
Can you let me know when you get yours, I ordered mine from Hardmotin May 29 and I finally got them to answer a email today and they said that the wing was on back order that’s why I haven’t received mine yet. I told him guy’s are ordering them through eBay and receiving them in around 2 weeks. He said he didn’t care where they were ordered from . They are on back order.
So I would be curious to find out if he’s not telling the truth.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Can you let me know when you get yours, I ordered mine from Hardmotin May 29 and I finally got them to answer a email today and they said that the wing was on back order that’s why I haven’t received mine yet. I told him guy’s are ordering them through eBay and receiving them in around 2 weeks. He said he didn’t care where they were ordered from . They are on back order.
So I would be curious to find out if he’s not telling the truth.
It took 23 business days to get mine and it was drop shipped directly from seibon I think.

Devonrex

I ordered CF one on Hardmotion on 6/2. By 6/10 they refunded my order based on no availablity.

I have since bought an ABS version from Amazon for $108 with a third brake light. Quality is as expected, will likely upgrade later.