Rear wing recommendations

JPas914

Yeah, I didn’t like how small some of the other wings looked on it. IDRVSLO was one of the Goblins that I looked at the get an idea of what size I was looking for.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I bought a carbon fiber wing from NRG. 69” wide, but the mounts on the wing are 32” wide and much larger than the DF mounts. I’m trying to find a shop near me to cut and bend the uprights I drew up.
@JPas914 - Check this post, looks like he used spacers (3D printed?). Might be a cheaper alternative to custom uprights.

JPas914

@JPas914 - Check this post, looks like he used spacers (3D printed?). Might be a cheaper alternative to custom uprights.

He still had new uprights made, or had to make new uprights. And I’m not really interested in going the route of using 3D printed spacers, nothing against them, it’s not the look I’m going for with these.

Last edited:

PyroGuy923

I bought a carbon fiber wing from NRG. 69” wide, but the mounts on the wing are 32” wide and much larger than the DF mounts. I’m trying to find a shop near me to cut and bend the uprights I drew up.
Does it stick out past the wheels? Can you snap a pic from the back?

Tinkles

I went with a 69" NRG too. I'll be doing new custom mounts too, but I might just bend up the DF mounts to mock it up.

JPas914

I went with a 69" NRG too. I'll be doing new custom mounts too, but I might just bend up the DF mounts to mock it up.
Do you have the wing yet? Based off the size of the mounts on mine, just bending the DF mounts probably won’t work. The mounts on my wing are wayyy bigger than the ones included in my kit.

Tinkles

I have had it for a while now. I have the extended chassis, so my main hoop is 2" taller and I want to put the wing up nice and high to get the better air. So I will be needing custom mounts.

If you want to try the DF mounts you could get some 3"ish wide(guessing on the width) flat metal, drill a few holes and then mount that to the wing mounts and mount the DF mounts to the flat stock.

JPas914

I have had it for a while now. I have the extended chassis, so my main hoop is 2" taller and I want to put the wing up nice and high to get the better air. So I will be needing custom mounts.

If you want to try the DF mounts you could get some 3"ish wide(guessing on the width) flat metal, drill a few holes and then mount that to the wing mounts and mount the DF mounts to the flat stock.
I’ve had my wing since the end of May. My work schedule has been hell on my sleep cycle, which is why it’s taken so long to get the mounts made. I had them drawn up and blue-printed 3 days after my wing arrived.