Rear wing recommendations

Gal2:20

What is best width? Anybody recommending any particular brand? I’m leaning to carbon fiber vs aluminum. Assume DF brackets would still work best??

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Do NOT get the cheap crap off of eBay. There aren't many out there that match the mounting dimension. I will have to look up the one that we got. It mounted up great using the DF mounts (with slight modifications). Very happy with it. I'm looking for the information on where I bought it.

Murcielago311

Me too. Probably my favorite part of the car. Worth the higher cost.
I used the DF uprights and cross-brace but the brackets that came on the wing.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Order A month in advance from when you want it. The shipping time is a joke , They have had mine in stock sense the 8th of June but haven’t shipped yet

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
+1 for the Seibon it's a gorgeous piece - pics in my build log. The Seibon and the NineLivesRacing are really the only two worth considering.

There's APR but you have to get the mounts custom and it becomes cost prohibitive. You can also do the flat aluminum wings off amazon but the wing is very much a focal point and can cheapen or improve the perception of the overall build (even though it's not terribly functional with a big fmic / windscreen in the way).

Last edited:

WYGoblin

I also bought the seibon wing. I ordered off of ebay on april 15 and got it on the 28. He said I would of had it sooner but the 'rona slowed it down.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Not to be argumentative and that is not the intent of this post, so please no snarky comments.
There are also some nice aluminum wings available for those who are looking for something other than a carbon fiber one. My note: All that pretty carbon fiber is wasted if your color scheme includes a painted/body color wing.
PCI makes an aluminum wing with an 8 inch cord in 50, 55 and 60 inch lengths for under $400. This can be cut to the lengthy you want and the uprights attachments can be put exactly where they need to be. Add your end plates (or make your own) and uprights (DF, bought, custom made) for about $600 - $700 total.
Just offering up other options to those who may be interested. :)

WYGoblin

Not to be argumentative and that is not the intent of this post, so please no snarky comments.
There are also some nice aluminum wings available for those who are looking for something other than a carbon fiber one. My note: All that pretty carbon fiber is wasted if your color scheme includes a painted/body color wing.
PCI makes an aluminum wing with an 8 inch cord in 50, 55 and 60 inch lengths for under $400. This can be cut to the lengthy you want and the uprights attachments can be put exactly where they need to be. Add your end plates (or make your own) and uprights (DF, bought, custom made) for about $600 - $700 total.
I agree DS. There are plenty of options out there. Just need to decide what you want to do and, like you said, the carbon fiber might not go with the color scheme or what look you are going for. There is a also functionality of the wing. Wings like the Nine Lives Racing wing and looks like the one you posted might have more downforce than a carbon fiber one that might be designed more for looks. I just went with the carbon fiber cause I am not really going to do anything but probably cruise it with very little track time at all. (here there are like only 3 xcross events a year :()

Gal2:20

thanks for all the inputs. My frame is orange. wheels and seats are black. trying to decide if body will be matte black or a real deep matte midnight blue. carbon fiber may go well with both but havent decided if i would wrap to match-which then i wouldnt buy carbon fiber

Anks329

Completely agree, I've been searching on ebay and there are tons of potential options out there.

The one thing that's tripping me up, when I ordered the kit I didn't get the wing uprights. I know I can order a set from DF, but has anyone looked at another reasonably cheap option?

Murcielago311

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anything, that will probably need to be customized, cheaper than DF's option @ $95. It's made to fit perfectly, comes with hardware that matches the rest of the car, and is rock-solid once you have a good wing up top.

Murcielago311

Those end-caps are different than mine. Looks like a BRZ/FRS specific model or something.
I paid $653.24 shipped from hardmotion with coupon code.

Edit: looks like the taxtime code isn't as much of a discount now...