Rear wing recommendations

Jareth

Goblin Guru
It said last one when I ordered it also.

I got an email directly from Seibon last week that they now had them in stock but the price on their page was $900

I'll cross my fingers for you also

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
$900 for a Wang is whole lot of $$$s for a bling thing and waiting weeks/months is a little crazy, IMO. Not to offend other's sense of want or need for a big piece of carbon fiber, but it is only partially effective for its purpose (resides in the dirty air behind the windshield, seats, and anything else mounted in front of it) and is detrimental to the handling of the car - the faster you drive the more it pushes down behind the rear axle to make the front end lighter. But everyone has their likes and dislikes and what things are of value to build their Goblin the way they like. :D

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Last night I decided to risk $200 on this one and it indicates it has already shipped.

We shall see how good it is? The spacing on the uprights is off by 1.5" on each side so I'll have to come up with some appropriate spacers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079G66JVR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the price I’m not expecting much and you have to love how the pictures and title indicates Carbon Fiber but then in description it states ABS Plastic

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Last night I decided to risk $200 on this one and it indicates it has already shipped.

We shall see how good it is? The spacing on the uprights is off by 1.5" on each side so I'll have to come up with some appropriate spacers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079G66JVR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the price I’m not expecting much and you have to love how the pictures and title indicates Carbon Fiber but then in description it states ABS Plastic
So the Wang arrived today and I have to say I’m very surprised. It may not be %100 Carbon Fiber but could fool me. It has a very deep 3D affect and for something that really doesn’t serve a purpose other than looking good I’m happy.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
NLR updated their shop with Goblin aero kits.

Jcasson

So the Wang arrived today and I have to say I’m very surprised. It may not be %100 Carbon Fiber but could fool me. It has a very deep 3D affect and for something that really doesn’t serve a purpose other than looking good I’m happy.

How was the wing mounted to the goblin? How much did you have to modify it since it was off by 1.5 inches?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That is one cool looking vehicle.
Ross joined us this weekend with his white Goblin. He has a thin metal roof. We talked about rolling up the rear edge to get some downforce just like that!!!
When we drove Ross’ back from lunch on Sunday, we commented on the wind was different than in mine (Neither have windshields). A kick up in the back would probably change things all together.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The halo loop on the goblin is already slightly downhill, so my .040" aluminum roof is theoretically offering some downforce. I also made it an extra 6" longer than the halo loop, in anticipation of an upkick wing section.... like sport hatchbacks sometimes have.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
The halo loop on the goblin is already slightly downhill, so my .040" aluminum roof is theoretically offering some downforce. I also made it an extra 6" longer than the halo loop, in anticipation of an upkick wing section.... like sport hatchbacks sometimes have.
View attachment 28721
Hmmmmm….
just add to the list of changes/mods to come…….. :)