Red and white BCM wire

jFritzies

There’s a short wire running from the BCM to the red plug. In the videos it’s said to tape about a foot up from the BCM but this wire is in the way. Do I remove it?

Dsteinhorst

I'm almost certain my 09 had the same wire. May be a 2.2 thing. I kept it in and made it work with it. didn't affect anything.

If there's one thing I wish I could have done, it would be installing the harness, then moulding and taping.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
If there's one thing I wish I could have done, it would be installing the harness, then moulding and taping.
I installed my harness with that thought long ago, but then I never took it out to wrap it with mesh split loom and Tesa tape. It's on my to do list before the good weather comes back.

jFritzies

I'm almost certain my 09 had the same wire. May be a 2.2 thing. I kept it in and made it work with it. didn't affect anything.

Thanks for the info, I’ll make it work:cool:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
There’s a short wire running from the BCM to the red plug. In the videos it’s said to tape about a foot up from the BCM but this wire is in the way. Do I remove it?View attachment 20918
The base donors have that short wire. Tape up about halfway on each connector and it should leave you enough slack to still be able to plug in the connectors. I do think I go just a little bit longer on the red connector than the blue, can't remember.