Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

redline

Do you have a heavy shift knob? You may be launching hard enough that it pulls the shifter out of gear.

Yes in fact I do have an aftermarket short shifter with a heavy knob. It has never done it before that night and it only did it after they glued the track the second time. It has launched with no problems since then on the street (I have tried to duplicate the issue.

redline

Looking into building a front wing. thinking of using high density foam and then wrapping it with glass. any thoughts on materials?

Ross

Goblin Guru
That was my construction design too. I talked to a fiberglass shop near me, they said they could make one, lots of options on how to make it. The Ebay ones are 2 pieces, glued together, and they keep splitting at the seam. Skunkworks makes 2 for around $1000 & $1400.

redline

I watched a skunkworks wing come apart at about 80 MPH and decided I would be better off building my own as a 1 piece unit.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I had thought of the same process following this person's lead from his video.
It does look to be time consuming, but might be worth the savings and build exactly what you want.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Well maybe it is because we are facebook friends... at least I was before I posted his "car play" on his build log.
Here is the finish:

Bryan's (Redline) Goblin won, and they both pulled away from the chase car, a camaro with full bolt on’s.