Release of Liability

socaljeff3798

Hey guys food for thought. I sold my Goblin this weekend and as an added measure I made up a Release of Liability that went beyond the Bill of Sale. Will it hold up in court I have no idea I am NOT a Lawyer. But I felt it was better than nothing. The idea it is in the event the new owner was to get injured in it that they understand that they have bought a home built car that has none of the safety features of a manufactured car. And it was not built by a professional mechanic.
I looked at what was closest to what we do and found a release for experimental Home Built Aircraft and modified it for my purposes. I have included it in a PDF for you to modify if you like. As I said it has not been done by an attorney so I have no idea if it will hold up in court and take NO responsibility for it ability to protect you from any Law suit.

Attachments

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I sold a partially built "homebuilt" KR-2 airplane many years ago. I had the buyer sign that I sold it to him to be used as a "Static Display" model only (not meant for flight). Anything he did beyond that was on him. Good idea to protect yourself. People are sue crazy.