Remote pairing?

MisterDave

I understand that you need the remote control working with the vehicle to pair the TPMS sensors. My donor had a remote with it, but it wasn't paired. I didn't worry about it at the time figuring I don't need to worry about remote locking or unlocking doors. Is there a way to pair the remote to my Goblin? Maybe a shop could do it using a scan tool? any ideas?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
If the vehicle came with the fob I think you will still need it to get into the programing feature .

You will still need the Tech -2 to change the pressure setting for the sensors. I think the set the light off at 29psi. I am only running about 23 psi in mine. It may be even lower. So the light is on all the time and now covered by tape

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
If the vehicle came with the fob I think you will still need it to get into the programing feature .

You will still need the Tech -2 to change the pressure setting for the sensors. I think the set the light off at 29psi. I am only running about 23 psi in mine. It may be even lower. So the light is on all the time and now covered by tape
Yes, that is very true. I checked this in the past and just confirmed again. There is no TIRE LEARN in my DIC. When the title mentions "without Remote Keyless Entry" that does not apply to if you're without it because you lost or broke they key FOB. Even without the FOB, you still have it if your donor supported it.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Anybody know what years had the TPMS and remote key fobs?
I think my 2006 had the TPMS, but no key fob.

baustin

Anybody know what years had the TPMS and remote key fobs?
I think my 2006 had the TPMS, but no key fob.
My 06 came with a key fob, I never tested it. I still have it around just with the disc battery removed. I partially wonder if I press the alarm button if it would still work now.
Mine didn't have TPMS but did have ABS. At least I don't have any warnings about low pressure and have wheels without any sensors.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
All light motor vehicles sold after September 1, 2007. Phase-in started in October 2005 at 20%, and reached 100% for models produced after September 2007. In the United States, as of 2008 and the European Union, as of November 1, 2012, all new passenger car models (M1) released must be equipped with a TPMS.