Robinjo #405 Full Cage - 2006 SS/SC Build "Drago"

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
What does Low Reference (purple) do? I think I need to be chasing the pink/orange one but just making sure.
If ground or supply voltage were the issue it wouldn’t pump fuel, correct?

From the schematic, I don’t understand where the pink wire is running to. I think it’s saying to go to the PCM (ECM)?
IMO: Grounds are always available as a problem, they can add resistance to a circuit and strange things follow. Trust no grounds, Test all grounds with Voltage meter, not just a light. Verify resistance free grounding. :)

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
I could be wrong... just running from memory.
My old testing (above) doesn't show the purple wire as a steady 5V+ power, which I expected.
I know the AllData wire colors are bogus information... so I don't have a lot of faith in there wiring schematics either.
Well, I'm with you on that. Car diagrams are a nightmare. You see so often all kind of shenanigans just to save 1 wire, switching grounds,... All for weight and money savings. Very effective, but hard to understand.

Judging from the symbols it looked to me that C1 29 is in the PCM internally connected to a pull up resistor pulling it on 5V if open. The circuit is pulled over the load (fuel sensor in the tank) to ground. But your measurements doesn't make sense with this logic.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Got it all sorted out from a wiring standpoint. The turn signal turned out to be easy as it was just a break in the wire close to the BCM. The fuel gauge turned out to be the ground. It was one last solder connector hiding in the harness that pulled out. I’ll never be using those for any projects again. Next up is just reinstalling the subframe and suspension, filling fluids and reinstalling the seats.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Got it all sorted out from a wiring standpoint. The turn signal turned out to be easy as it was just a break in the wire close to the BCM. The fuel gauge turned out to be the ground. It was one last solder connector hiding in the harness that pulled out. I’ll never be using those for any projects again. Next up is just reinstalling the subframe and suspension, filling fluids and reinstalling the seats.
Dang grounds, lately I am learning to trust grounds less and less. And those EASY connectors! Sad to hear you are still finding them. Keep the faith, Brother! We're all rooting for ya!

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
It’s over with on the wiring front, with just some small accessories to be added in once they arrive.
Now it just putting the driveline back together, which I’ve done a few times now. I hope to button it all back up tonight.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Got the engine in, oil changed with resealing the pan gasket, and filling fluids. Driving again and that LSD makes the rear feel much better. Just need to realign the rear and check the front to make it 100%.

List of Items to Work on:
-Harness Bar
-Run LED lights for 'Goblin' plug cover —> ordered
-Run AFR wire from A/C --> Ran line from A/C, need to connect to Wideband
-S/C coupler & oil change
-3rd brake light not working
-Oil pan reseal
-Fuel level sensor P0436
-Oil Change
-Passenger brake/turn signal light
-Alignment
-Re-do the front grill

Traé

Got the engine in, oil changed with resealing the pan gasket, and filling fluids. Driving again and that LSD makes the rear feel much better. Just need to realign the rear and check the front to make it 100%.

List of Items to Work on:
-Harness Bar
-Run LED lights for 'Goblin' plug cover —> ordered
-Run AFR wire from A/C --> Ran line from A/C, need to connect to Wideband
-S/C coupler & oil change
-3rd brake light not working
-Oil pan reseal
-Fuel level sensor P0436
-Oil Change
-Passenger brake/turn signal light
-Alignment
-Re-do the front grill
I’ve been looking in the cobalt manual but didn’t see much info on the supercharge maintenance. I couldn’t find too much online pertaining to ours. I’m not sure if there is an SS/SC supplemental manual that I do not have.
Where did you find info on fluid type and quantity?
I just put mine back on the engine and thought about it having oil and probably needing to change it.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I’ve been looking in the cobalt manual but didn’t see much info on the supercharge maintenance. I couldn’t find too much online pertaining to ours. I’m not sure if there is an SS/SC supplemental manual that I do not have.
Where did you find info on fluid type and quantity?
I just put mine back on the engine and thought about it having oil and probably needing to change it.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
From a ZZP video about changing the oil and the little coupler inside. I don't know if the previous owner did it, so I'm assuming no.

edit: here

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Having troubles with my power steering going out, losing the speedometer and outside air on dash. Link where this is getting discussed in a separate thread.

Got accepted into a local car show in August at our Civic Center, so starting a list of items that I need to do before this in August.

Car Show
  • Carbon bar covers -ordered 5" wide carbon tape
  • Repaint valve cover
  • Goblin light for valve cover - have an idea here
  • Paint muffler or new setup
  • Wrap hood
  • New grill screen
  • New windscreen
  • Lean windscreen
  • Racing seat, harnesses and bar (maybe)
  • Touch up powder coat chips
  • Full detail
Other issues
  • Oil leak from dipstick tube - bought a new tube from FB Market.
  • Data loss issue - went away! diagnosing will be harder w/o it happening.
  • Clutch pedal will break soon
  • Pusher fan and duct install
  • Extend brake wires

Last edited:

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Couple pages back we talked about those Kemimoto tail lights. How are they holding up? Any regrets over getting those and spending the extra, extra money for the Rigid brand?

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Wrapped the bars with some carbon fiber looking tape. I think it took all of 30 minutes and covered the damage to the top layer of powder coat on the passenger side where I hit the bars with something. Also ran some LED lights under the Goblin valve cover garnish. It looks much better in person, the camera wants have the light flood the photo for some reason.

Bar Covers
2024-04-06 Bar Wrap 1.JPG2024-04-06 Bar Wrap 2.JPG

Goblin Light
2024-04-13 Light Dark.JPG2024-04-13 Light.JPG

Car Show

• Carbon bar covers
  • Repaint valve cover
  • Goblin light for valve cover
  • Paint muffler or new setup
  • Wrap hood
  • New grill screen
  • New windscreen
  • Lean windscreen
  • Racing seat, harnesses and bar (maybe)
  • Touch up powder coat chips - Mazda Soul Red matches.
  • Full detail
Other issues
  • Oil leak from dipstick tube - bought a new tube from FB Market.
  • Data loss issue - went away! diagnosing will be harder w/o it happening.
  • Clutch pedal will break soon
  • Pusher fan and duct install

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Looks good! I've been thinking about doing the carbon fiber look tape wrap around the same bars, as I have a couple dings there ... just haven't done it.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Looks good! I've been thinking about doing the carbon fiber look tape wrap around the same bars, as I have a couple dings there ... just haven't done it.
Super easy to do. I used the 5" or 6" wide tape. I did round the ends into a semi-circle by the hood and in the second section closer to the firewall (crappy yellow 'circles'). I read or watched a video that said doing this helped make a cleaner look and easier to apply. That sharp corners on the tape were hard to deal with was the message from the instructions. For the section in green I had to angle a bit more to clear the bar underneath as it hinders a semi-circle.

Last edited: