"Roof" option

Batlwagn

Hey all just wanted to let you know I'm working on a roof of sorts for the Goblin. I've reached out to a company that makes replacement canvas tops for off shore boats. After a little back and forth I created a template using a tarp. I've sent them the template and I'm waiting on the top. Should be here mid week and I'll try and to get it on shortly there after.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm curious what the dimensions are for this top? Looks like the template you created is a nice tight fit to the track frame halo.

Batlwagn

I'm curious what the dimensions are for this top? Looks like the template you created is a nice tight fit to the track frame halo.
Based on the communication I had with the guy that makes the tops he asked that I make template close but not touching the bars. It will lace up like a center console boat top see video. Obviously I ordered it in black (duh)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Thanks for sharing the video from the company. Freely sharing information is what this forum is all about. Knowing what size/dimensions you ordered your top would help others to know if this an option for them either with this company or through another option. A simple diagram would be nice. :)

Batlwagn

Thanks for sharing the video from the company. Freely sharing information is what this forum is all about. Knowing what size/dimensions you ordered your top would help others to know if this an option for them either with this company or through another option. A simple diagram would be nice. :)
Once, I get my top back and installed I'll post photos. If anyone else is interested I can provide the contact info for the guy that made mine. I used a generic video from you tube but mine is actually being made by a company called G2 outfitters.

Batlwagn

@Waterdriver I'm not sure if they are standard issue but then chassis I have has 2 center bars running front to back in the center of the halo. Those combined with the tension generated by the lacing should prevent any flapping. Most center console boats have very few if any center support and their tops are usually tight as a drum.

Batlwagn

FWIW its tight like a drum now that I have laced it up. I'm going to leave it in the sun to see if it will loosen up at all but right now it's super tight so I don't anticipate and flapping

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
OK. So, I did not know originally that I was going to revive this old post. I started on my own version of a sun roof for the Goblin before I even found this thread.

The Houston sun is getting a little hot these days. This roof addition really blocks it well and makes Goblin excursions more comfortable.

I found a fairly clean and reasonable solution. The material is pretty tough. I laced it up quickly today and drove about 20 miles sometimes going about 60 mph. Not much flapping at all. I could probably tighten it a little more.

I would like to see if there are any others interested in buying one.
It will only fit the full track frame - sorry the rest of y'all :(
I can source all the materials, get it cut, sewn, install grommets for about $125 plus shipping.
Black material only.
The video in post #4 above explains how to lace it up. That takes a little patience and care so that you get it all going the correct way. Also, it takes a little thought as to which side of the halo bracing it attaches to. I laced it in about 30 minutes by myself.

If you are interested, please PM me your name and address AND if you have a standard length frame or the 4" extended version.
Venmo is @Jason-Backs for payment.

I have one presently for the 4" extended frame. That one is available for almost immediate delivery.
I have one builder that already wants one in the shorter version.

I will wait a few days to see if there is any interest before placing the order for the materials.

IMG_8330.jpgIMG_8340.jpg